two

NOV 6TH, 2038

AM 10:25

THE RAVENDALE DISTRICT wasn't the prettiest place to be. A squat was the first thing to catch my eye as I exited the car. Other officers had already beat us here, surveying the area.

Connor took it upon himself to ask the night clerk at the Eastern Motel if he had seen anything. I decided to tag along with him. Hank eventually joined us as we entered the motel check-in.

"Lieutenant Anderson, Detroit Police. We're looking for a female android who robbed a store down the road last night. You see anything?" Hank began the questioning. The receptionist shook his head.

"An android? No, I don't take androids here." He confirmed, a grimace placed on his face. His eyebrows knitted further as Connor pulled a picture from his pocket.

"Have you seen anyone that looks like this?" His firm voice questioned the man, always definite in his wording. A loud huff left the man when he saw the photo. He crossed his arms, sending an evil eye our way, and a cold chill ran down my spine. I knew the android had likely stood where I am now.

"Fuck. I knew there was something weird about her! She came in last night; she dressed normally, you know. There was no way I could tell." I nodded knowingly. Connor looked pleased with his actions, part of his mission accomplished. Hank seemed more concerned for our safety.

"Is it still here?" He asked quickly, likely itching to catch this android. The man shrugged, "Yeah, probably, Room 28." Hank nodded his thanks. He pulled out his walkie-talkie.

"Ben? Yeah, it's still at the motel. Send some uniforms and cordon off the area. I'm heading to its room now." Connor seemed more focused on a blue door in the corner. That would be a good escape route, so they likely left that way if they had already gone.

"You wait in the car." Hank turned back toward Connor, instructing him to go back and stand by. Connor shook his head, "Out of the question. I'm coming with you." He responded directly. I wasn't bothered that he wanted to come with me, as it was his job.

"Listen, I'm tired of you talkin' back to me. You're a machine, so shut the fuck up and do what I say!" Hank snapped back. I nervously laughed because I didn't know what to do in this situation.

"All I want is to accomplish my mission. I'm sorry if that upsets you." Connor matched Hank's tone. Hank pursed his lips in annoyance, "Wanna see the end of your mission? Stop busting my fucking balls."

"Woah, Hank, busting your balls? I thought what happened at the station was a one-time thing." I teased. Hank groaned while rolling his eyes, "Oh, shut up."

Connor had already made his way to the blue door. He opened it and spotted the android with the child. He bolted out the door with ungodly speed.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed, Connor was too fast for Hank and me, but we still ran after him.

"Which way did it go!" Connor yelled out to an officer standing by, "That way! They're heading for the train station!" The officer shouted back. Connor kept running until we approached a fence. My shoes slid on the mud, almost making me fall.

"Don't shoot! We need it alive!" Connor commanded as he reached the fence. Hank regained his breath, watching the android run into ongoing traffic.

"Oh fuck, that's insane." His eyes were wide. Connor started to climb the fence, "What the fuck are you doing?" I yelled as Connor looked down briefly, "I can't let them get away!" I latched onto his suit jacket to stop him.

"They won't! They'll never make it to the other side." Hank tried to convince Connor as well. Connor had a conflicted expression before turning back and attempting to scale the fence once more.

"I can't take that chance!" My grip on his suit jacket tightened. I tried my best to keep him on our side of the fence. I did not want to witness the death of my partner on a highway, "You will get yourself killed! Do NOT go after them, Connor. That's an order!" Hank's rough voice called out. Connor stopped and hopped down.

A relieved breath left the lieutenant and me, "Thank fuck." I muttered under my breath. Connor stared longingly at the androids as they made it to the other side alive.

"We will find them again, Connor," I reassured him. He looked back at me, a grin adorning his face. I was glad he didn't try to kill himself. I knew, however, that Connor was not happy to have let the deviant escape.

"Well, that was eventful. Let's go chow down, huh, Y/N?" Hank offered to take me to lunch, which I happily accepted, "Yeah, I'd like something to eat. All that running has me starved now." My eyes fixated on Connor, who had an indifferent stare.

"I call shotgun!" I teased Connor as a smile dressed his face, "Whatever you say, detective." Connor didn't seem to mind my childishness.

[Sorry, this is shorter! I'll try to get the next part out pretty soon. I'm in a writing mood tonight, so expect more writing!]