Episode 4: Over

"I think maybe we're all panicking over something that's not gonna happen." Jack suggested. "Jack, this is absolutely serious." Jordan scolded him for undermining the urgency of this situation. Jack vindictively gave Jordan an awkward stare. "Okay, I'm thinkin' we hide for a bit until we feel it's clear it's over." Kiefer told the group. Everyone in Blackyard was there at this point, all gathered at the very bottom of the quarry area. "Good idea." Jordan approved of the idea. "Everyone just find a comfortable and secure place to hide away until we know they aren't here, or they pass." Jordan instructed everyone.

A group of 5 approached Blackyard's large entrance doors.

Either way these horrible people were staying on their asses, following them all the way back. Or, they lost their trail or didn't even bother with it, there's also the opportunity they never even noticed them when they were there. Those were just some of Devon's thoughts. Kiefer and Devon hid at the same place, in a massive crawl space at Devon's place. "You sure this'll be fine?" Devon asked Kiefer. "Yes, they shouldn't look in here if they do come in." He assured Devon. Jordan was going to find herself a place to hide when Hex caught her. "Come with me, I got a good spot." Hex told her, grabbing her by her arm as she was walking. Jordan looked back, slightly surprised. "Okay." She said, smiling.

Everyone had gotten themselves a decent place to just hide away and chill for the next bit until it felt like it was safe. No one really thought there was much danger in the back of their minds, but still know there could be these bad people just right behind the doors. Maybe Jordan was overreacting, who knows because it did feel slightly pointless to do all these when there's a really good chance no one even saw Jordan, Kiefer, and Devon on that supply run.

About half an hour later and the people were feeling ready to go back to doing their daily routine in Blackyard when all of a sudden the loud creak of the front doors met everyone's ears.

"What was that?" Kiefer asked, concerned. "I think... that was the front doors." Devon replied, just as nervous. "Are you sure there wasn't someone we didn't tell?" Kiefer said, trying to make himself believe that this group is actually here. "We had everyone together." Devon confirmed. Kiefer could feel the doom go through his soul.

"They're here.." Jordan told Hex. "Shit. We gotta stay quiet." Hex insisted. Both had their hearts beating out of their chests. You could now hear unfamiliar voices and the sounds of people crashing around and looking through stuff. Jordan and Hex were just listening closely to every noise. That's when Jordan knew she had to make a move.. She quickly went up against Hex and kissed him. "What was that? Why did you just-" He was asking confused as she interrupted him and kissed him again. "If either of us didn't make it out of this I wasnt gonna let myself regret not letting you know how I feel." She told him, as she let go and sat back down. "I have feelings for you too..." Hex quickly and nervously let out. They just smiled at eachother not really knowing what to do.

Brendan, Jack, Kennedy, and Jason were all in the same house, hiding in the extremely compact attic. "Whatever you do, please don't do you're corny love shit if we're about to be found any moment." Jason warned Jack and Kennedy. "It's not corny." Kennedy replied, slightly offended. "If these are my last moments alive, I don't wanna see you guys being like that, it's gross. Bad enough I gotta spend it with you two." Jason scolded them both. Jack and Kennedy just figured shutting up was the better option, instead of starting a yelling match and getting caught. That's when the door to the house they were in slowly creaked open below them. Heavy footsteps ricochet throughout the house. Jack quickly covered Kennedy's mouth with his hand. "Shh." He quietly said. The footsteps mad it to the other end of the room before turning back and leaving. Kennedy was about to say something with Jack kept her quiet knowing they weren't quite clear yet. "I think this place is abandoned." A man's voice said right outside. "Nah, this looks like people have been living here for a while." A woman replied. "Whateva', I'll keep looking." He said, submissively.

"Hey, Olson you found anything yet?" Jaxon asked him. "No, I'm 'bout ready to head home. It seems huntin' season's a tad bit dry." Olson replied. Jason continued on. Sierra, Riley, and Mish were the 3 other members of the Hunters, who were all also searching Blackyard for anybody. "Alright, we're going back." Olson Commanded the group. So, they all followed his lead and left Blackyard to go back to their town  they settle in.

Kiefer and Devon could finally hear silence for once. "Should we go out?" Kiefer asked. "First, no they could be calling our bluff. And second, don't put it like that cause it sounds like you're asking me out on a date." Devon made fun of Kiefer. "Hahaha." Kiefer laughed "You know what I meant." He added.

Hex and Jordan were holding eachoter in fear, waiting for these people to finally leave. "I think they're gone." Hex said, trying to calm Jordan down. That's when all of a sudden they heard a loud knock on the closet they were in. They could feel their heart rates sky rocket. They kepped knocking, until they finally opened the sliding closet door, fear running through both Jordan and Hex's bodies knowing they found them, when they were met with Kiefer and Devon. Jordan jumped at them not knowing it was them. "Hey! Calm down! It's us!" Devon exclaimed. "Oh my god, you didn't have to make that so terrifying." Hex scolded them. "Sorry!!" Kiefer apologized. "It's ok." He replied. "At least that's over? hey." Jordan said, relievingly. "Yeah." Devon agreed.