Chapter 2

Spencer

-

Hanna is hugging me in her living room. I asked Caleb to leave so we could have some alone time. He took the kids out to eat, then to the park, I didn't want to wake her because she looked so peaceful, so I let her sleep and went down stairs. I started to cry, Hanna came down, and now she is comforting me.

"Spence", she starts, "You have to tell me what happened so I know how to help you."

"Okay", I mutter.

"You stay here while I make you some tea."

"Alright." I look around and see pictures of their happy family. I wish I had something like that. Before I know it, Hanna was back with the tea. I took a sip then started to explain the situation.

"I lied to you guys when I told you about Toby. We were never on and off, we were always together. He met me at the park when I left the coffee shop. There he proposed to me. I froze and said no."

"That's okay, you were just scared. I am sure Toby understands."

"Anyways, Toby asked me why I wouldn't and I told him." I start to cry and I can feel my body shaking. I am usually stronger than this. I don't know what has me down.

"Spencer, what did you say?", Hanna asks calmly.

"I said...it was because...I had feelings for another guy."

"OH MY GOSH SPENCER! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO POOR TOBY?!"

"I figured I should tell him before anything got too serious. I didn't want to get too far in, and not be able to find a way out."

"Well, who is the other guy?", Hanna asks. I can tell she wants to know, and she also wants to yell at me.

"Noel Kahn."

"NOEL KAHN? NOEL FREAKING KAHN? YOU ONCE ACCUSED HIM OF BEING A, AND NOW YOU WANT IN HIS PANTS?!" Hanna shouts.

"First off, you were the one who thought he was A, and second, he doesn't know. He is a really good detective and I would just love to work with him to be around him."

"Spence?"

"Ya?", I say irritated.

"I think I know what is going on here. You don't like Noel Kahn. You want what he has. You want to be a real detective and not just a waitress. You feel bad because you think you have gone nowhere in life. Spencer, you know what?"

"What?", I snap at her.

"You have done some amazing things and you are wonderful. If you think you still want to, I think you can at least get back together with Toby."

"He probably hates me.", I can feel the tears coming back.

"How would he hate you, if he wanted to marry you Spence?", she does have a point.

"Okay, I will call him", I get out my phone. Just as I about click dial, I am getting an incoming call. It is a number I don't recognize. I pick up. "Hello?", I ask.

"Are you Spencer Hastings?", the lady asks.

"Ya why do you need to know?", I ask irritated.

"Emily Fields has been involved in a car crash. We would like you to come by the hospital."

"I am on my way with Hanna Marin.", I say quickly then hang up.

"Who was that?", Hanna asks.

"Emily has been in an accident and we need to go now."