Chapter 3

Spencer

-

I finally spit out, "Ezra, what are you doing here?"

He starts, "Uh.....well Melissa called me over and said she needed my help."

"With what?", I say as I walk through the door pulling a flabbergasted Aria behind me.

"Well...Um...She said...", he stumbles to come up with a reasonable lie.

"Tell me the truth!" I demand. "You two stay here, I need to talk to Melissa." I turn and leave them there and I don't even knock on Melissa's door I open it and see she is trying to escape out of the window. I run over, grab her arm, put her on the bed, and close the window.

I scream at her, "I AM NOT LEAVING HERE UNTIL I GET SOME ANSWERS! YOU BETTER START TAKING OR ELSE I WILL TELL MOM WHAT YOU DID TO BETHANY YOUNG!"

"NO PLEASE", she says while crying, "I'LL TALK, JUST TO YOU, THEN I LEAVE."

"Okay, my first question is why were you trying to escape out of the window?"

"I thought that A was gone, but I was wrong. A made me do things for them, and I have no idea why. I got a text to say to drive around Rosewood until I hit Emily, Aria, Hanna, or you. I saw Emily and I let go of the gas. Once the car hit her I was told to evacuate and somebody else would take my place. When I woke up this morning there was a car parked in the parking lot a few blocks away. I took it, drove to Rosewood, then hit Emily. Some soccer mom took my place and then I came here. I called Ezra because I was in a bad condition. He told me to calm down and assured me that I did what I had to and that Emily was okay."

I stare at her then snap out of it. I ask next, "What does A have on you that made you do this?"

"Spencer, I want to tell you, but A said if I do they will kill someone close to us."

"So A doesn't have anything on you, you're just protecting someone?", I ask.

"Yes."

"Did you ever visit Wren in jail?"

"Once, just to ask him why he did it. What he had to gain from it.", she says and I actually believe her.

"What did he say?"

"Just, If Lauren obtains Vanessa's earrings Aria loves iguanas, I swear he is crazy."

"He is.", I say quickly.

"Am I free to go now?", she asks.

"Yes, but if you need help please come to me, and remember I love you."

"I love you too.", she says as we hug. We say nothing as she climbs out the window with her suitcase and runs off into the distance.

I head back to living room where I see Aria passed out and the front door open.

-

Hanna

-

When I get home from visiting Emily at the hospital, I see Caleb's car in the driveway and I smile. I walk in and just give him a big hug. Addie runs over and gives me a huge hug. I pick up Kenzie and she gives me a very slobbery kiss.

"You are my life", I say to all of them.

"And you are mine", Caleb says giving me a kiss on the cheek. I turn around and see a car pull in the driveway. I do a face palm and set Kenzie down. I totally forgot my mom and Ted are going to watch the girls for the week. They said since they don't have any kids together, they will steal ours sometimes.