The Meeting

Introduction:
This is a story I've been wanting to make for a while and I finally got my chance when I got the opportunity to collaborate with the wonderfully talented Elizaebth, who's ability to capture the spirit of Back to the Future astounds me. I wouldn't have been able to bring the story to life in this manner on my own, so for her help, I thank her.

I wrote for Marty and Babs while she wrote for Betty, Doc, Lorraine and 3-D.

Enjoy :)

------------------------------------------

To say the least, the situation that eighties teenager Marty McFly had found himself in was nothing short of horrifying.

Through his scientist friend, he'd accidentally been sent back thirty years in the past. All the way from 1985 to 1955.

No plutonium either, meaning there was no easy way back. Doc had begun to plan endlessly upon learning of the lightning strike that would hit the clock tower in the town square. He only had one chance of catching said lightning and making it back home.

To stack the odds against himself even further, he'd disrupted his parents' first meeting, leading his own mother to fall head over heels for him.

Now he had to try and get her with his father. If not, he'd fade out of existence entirely.

It was a Monday afternoon and Marty stood around in the school's hallways as the final bell rang, signaling the end of the day. Students flooded out of classrooms, with many conversations overlapping one another.

His eyes scanned the area for any sign of George, hoping to talk to him after his failed attempt to introduce him to Lorraine that morning.

Ever since the weekend, Lorraine had been..different. One of Betty's best friends was in love. She had been talking of someone named Calvin Klein; and didn't stop. It started Sunday and didn't end, the nonstop talk of this mystery boy had plagued both Betty and Babs' ears.

At first, Betty didn't quite understand, especially since she hadn't seen him yet. But Monday morning, when she saw him and was able to finally look him up and down.. She understood. Her sights were set, but Lorraine was in love with him, so she didn't say a word.

Besides, it was nothing more than a hallway crush, someone she knew nothing about but was visually pleasing. She was sure it wouldn't be that big of an issue.

As the school day progressed, Betty couldn't get that morning's events out of her mind. Well, Lorraine wouldn't stop talking about it. Finally, once school was over, the trio walked out of their classrooms.

Betty fumbled with her books, as Lorraine babbled to them. She listened subconsciously, barely taking in what the brunette was saying until her voice arose in volume. "Calvin!" Betty heard her friend say. She continued walking, looking up last second to see Calvin standing in front of her. She ran into him, dropping her books by accident.

Marty had been so focused on trying to seek out George that he didn't even notice Betty crashing into him, a few of her books dropping on his feet, causing him to instinctively reach down and help her.

"Oh-..I'm sorry,"

"Hey, hey. No worries." He replied in a laid back manner. Finally getting a look at this girl, Marty actually found her to be rather cute. Even her style to an extent, which was strange considering how different it felt...

Her curled blonde hair seemed to frame her face perfectly and she had a very pleasing yet soft smile. Even the way she spoke was kind and considerate.

But then Marty reminded himself of Jennifer, who was waiting for him back in 1985 and tried to discard such thoughts.

"Betty, are you okay?" Lorraine asked. Betty nodded to herself a little. "I'm just fine." She mumbled with a soft smile.

When Marty bent down to help her, Betty's lips parted in awe. She looked up at him and quickly smiled once more, silently thanking him for his help. She took her books back and held them in her arms, standing up straight once more.

This gave her the opportunity to admire him up close; he was only a few inches taller than herself, his hair sat just right, and those eyes... she had to keep herself from staring.

Betty looked away shyly and stepped back, opening her mouth to say something but being interrupted by Lorraine.

"Were you looking for someone?" She asked, causing Betty to close her mouth and simply remain silent.

"I gotta go.. family dinner night at the diner. See you all later," Betty excused herself, waving a tad.

"Oh-.. bye, Betty!" Lorraine called. She nodded to Marty as she passed him, going and putting her books back in her locker. She headed towards the front entrance of the school, exiting and retrieving her bike.

She smiled as she stood there, replaying what had happened in her head. Maybe he had a better chance with Lorraine than she did; but that didn't mean she wouldn't at least try to win him over. Still, Lorraine seemed to really want this..

A few subtle hints will be fine, she thought.

Babs released a small scoff after Betty walked away, noting how she stared at Marty. Now both of them were drooling over this guy and to her, that spelt nothing but bad news. Lorraine had made it very blatant and stupidly obvious that she wanted Klein to herself.

Marty's eyes watched Betty walk away as he stood still in the middle of the hall, a small smile playing at his lips. He was even a bit lost in how she moved.

'Come on McFly! Remember Jennifer! She's the one you're supposed to be with right now!' His thoughts yelled.

Babs put a hand on Lorraine's wrist, turning to look at her and talking low so he couldn't hear. "Hey. When you're done drooling over Klein, call me. We have that science test tomorrow, remember?"

And with that, she also walked away, exiting the school and leaving Marty alone with his future mother. He smiled rather nervously, trying to keep his composure.

"I... Uh... Gotta study." Marty motioned awkwardly towards the door, turning to walk away.

He wanted to get as far away as possible...

Betty went to dinner with her family that night. The diner was relatively empty, considering it was a Monday. She sat with her mother, father and elder brother.

Her parents always took them to the diner to have a family dinner once a week. Otherwise, they typically never talked to one another unless necessary. None of them were close, especially her mother and father. They never really got along.

Betty knew they did this to try and get closer, but it usually failed. They were a slightly above average family, with her mother working as a teacher, father, a lawyer and her brother, a policeman.

"Anything new at school?" Betty's father asked. She was sipping on her vanilla milkshake when he asked. Vanilla was her favorite flavor.

"Hm?" She hummed, looking up. "Nothing really...except, there's a new student." She smiled softly, looking back down into her glass. "Oh really? Are you two friends?" Her mother chimed in. "No, not really. He just seems real nice."