The Letter.

Over the next three days, Betty was very unlike herself. She didn't talk much, she wasn't happy about anything in the slightest.. She was sad. So incredibly sad. She hoped Marty would have asked her to the dance, but since Lorraine beat her to the punch, she had to get someone else to ask her. She would be a laughing stock if she showed up to the dance with no date. Betty couldn't think of a single other person that she'd want to go with. Eventually, however, someone did ask her.

3-D.

Betty accepted, much to her chagrin. She'd rather that than be alone. She wanted a distraction from Marty, but 3-D definitely wasn't doing it for her. Around school, she avoided Marty as best as she could.

Marty had been able to endure the anguish over the next three days, working endlessly with Doc to make sure their plan was perfect and could be executed without any chance of it going wrong. It couldn't go wrong.

He still missed Betty so much and didn't see her in school whatsoever. Not seeing her hurt, but he knew that once he returned to Jennifer, he'd forget about the whole thing.

At least, he hoped.

But still, he was bothered greatly, knowing Doc's impending doom due to the terrorists who he'd swindled out of their plutonium. He tried to warn him time and time again but Doc wouldn't allow it whatsoever. It was so incredibly frustrating.

The night of the dance, Betty stood in front of a full length mirror in her bedroom. She saw herself in a beautiful maroon-brown dress with goldish-white trim, off the shoulders with a few gold bracelets and matching colored heels. Her hair was done up slightly more than usual, as well as curled. She wore beautiful gold earrings, and put on makeup, too. Betty tried to smile; at least she looked nice, right?

The blonde waited for 3-D to pick her up outside of her house, but he never showed. She would be late if she didn't go now. Sadly, she got on her bike and made her way to the school.

Marty knew how significant tonight was. He would get his parents together and make his return to 1985. But before he went to pick up Lorraine, he had some business to attend to.

Sitting in Lou's Cafe, Marty sealed an envelope which had instructions not to open it until 1985 written on the front. It was yet another attempt to warn Doc. He was wearing a tweed suit, with a white dress shirt and red tie.

Betty had to pass through the town square to get to the school, and as she did, she managed to spot Marty in the window of Lou's.

Betty slowed down, debating whether or not she wanted to talk to him. She decided that she would. She just wanted closure on the situation.

Parking her bike outside, Betty walked into the diner and headed over to Marty. "Hi, Marty." She greeted, keeping her voice quiet as they were the only one's there. She didn't sit down quite yet.

Hearing the door swing open, Marty looked up, freezing in his seat as out of seemingly nowhere, Betty approached him. Noticing how much she'd dressed up for the dance. She looked completely glamorous, but still very much like herself.

He quickly shoved the letter in his pocket to hide it from her. He should've gotten up and walked away... But he couldn't.

Betty jumped when he rushed to put something in his pocket. This made it abundantly clear he was hiding something from her; but she didn't sense that it was malicious or purposeful. She felt like if he could, he would tell her what was going on.

"I'm sure you.. don't want to see me. But I wanted to talk to you for a little." Betty added.

"...What were you wanting to talk about?" Is all he said, responding to her attempt to start a conversation with him.