The Conversation

Marty returned to the Brown mansion that evening with a lot on his mind. Who knew that such a seemingly simple interaction could snowball into something so overwhelming? It seemed that no matter how much he tried to push the thoughts away, it only made him want to think about it even more.

He didn't bring up a word of it to Doc. Afraid of what he'd say. The truth of the matter. Knowing that if he continued to interact with Betty, he could risk altering her entire future.

By the time morning came, Marty hadn't slept too well. All he could think about was the massive weight on his shoulders to not completely screw this up, and this was a situation where so much could and had already gone horribly wrong.

He threw on a checkered button up shirt, blue jeans, two tone jacket and Converse sneakers. All provided by Doc of course, who'd given him some money to go out and purchase some period accurate clothing. It helped him blend in, no doubt.

He began walking to the school, hands in his pockets. Hating the silence that surrounded him. If only he could use his Walkman... Maybe even hide it so no one would see.

It would certainly help make his time here all the more bearable.

It was a rather sunny Tuesday morning in Hill Valley, yet slightly cool.

As he continued to walk, Marty looked around the suburban area, somewhat awestruck over how much cleaner it looked compared to his time. It made him reflect on how the world he grew up in was so vastly different from the one his parents came from.

It forced him to look at things from a new perspective.

Betty awoke the next morning, excited to attend school knowing who would be there. She got on her bike and started towards the school calmly. However, she remembered her good friend, and felt bad about her own feelings.

She kept going from wanting to pursue him, to knowing how badly Lorraine wanted him. She just had to keep reminding herself that subtle hints wouldn't hurt... but nothing big.

It seemed like Betty forgot all of that the instant she saw him.

The blonde spotted Marty and smiled a little, desperately wanting to talk to him. He looked really good that day, even from behind.

Maybe she dressed up that day to impress, but she wore a white knit turtleneck tucked into a light blue pleated skirt that reached her calves. She also wore white stockings and black slip-on shoes.

This was a rare occasion where she actually felt shy, not knowing whether she should talk to him or not.

"Hello." She called out in a warm tone.

Hearing the soft turning of bicycle tires and a voice calling out, Marty whipped around, taking a few small steps backwards, seeing Betty come up to him. He noted that she looked rather happy to see him.

He almost contemplated on trying to avoid her at all costs, but decided that anyone who'd help make his time in 1955 all the better would be fine, as long as he was careful.

Besides, Doc didn't need to know everything.

She was a little ways behind him, so the girl sped up a tad and got off her bike. Marty waited up for her before continuing to walk in a rather chill manner, almost seeming effortless.

Betty opted on walking the rest of the way. "Good morning. Did you ever find who you were looking for yesterday?" She asked softly.

Marty nodded his head. "Morning... And yeah. Eventually, at least." Shrugging the question off.

Betty walked alongside him in a more enthusiastic manner, looking ahead and stealing some sideways glances at him occasionally.

"Oh, okay. Well, I hope things work out." She smiled towards him, nodding.