The Cafe.

Babs could barely keep up with what had transpired in only the past three days. This new kid Calvin or Marty rather, had become a town sensation of sorts overnight and seemingly came out of thin air. Not just that, but now her two best friends were also falling madly in love with him. She couldn't stand it, dammit.

It drove her crazy. She was confident in thinking that Betty fell for him when he protected her from 3-D. Another one of Biff's goons. It was quite the spectacle.

This guy wasn't pulling any punches. That much was certain.

That's why Babs was very much looking forward to finally spending some time with her friends after school. They'd meet at Lou's Cafe for milkshakes and a cigarette for herself.

Sitting in one of the booths next to the large looking window with Betty and Lorraine, Babs puffed idly on a cigarette. She looked at Betty rather intently.

"So... You in love with him too?" She sounded a bit annoyed, her eyes squinting slightly.

What worried her the most was that their potential shared interest in Marty could cause conflict among their circle, which was the last thing Babs wanted. They'd been friends for years and she didn't want some random guy changing that.

Betty agreed completely with the sentiment. Babs' was absolutely right, and she wouldn't let it happen... At least, she hoped.

That's why she was so back and forth about it. She badly wanted to just let Lorraine have him and move on, but it seemed like every time she saw him she wanted to know more and grow closer. She knew how much Lorraine cared, and her feelings meant a lot to Betty.

She took a cigarette from Babs, not directly answering the question. "I barely know him.. he's just cute," she fibbed.

"Besides... I know how much Lorraine wants him." She said, looking over at her.

Lorraine had a stern look on her face. "I saw how you were looking at him, Betty.. don't ruin this for me," she begged. Betty's face fell. "Ruin it for you..? But I haven't done anything-"

"Keep it that way," Lorraine said, causing Betty to turn slowly and take a hit off of her cigarette. She lowered it and then took a sip of her vanilla milkshake. The awkward silence was deafening.

Babs' gaze narrowed as she saw her worst fear slowly morphing into reality, despite Betty trying to make it seem like not such a big deal to her. It seemed like both Babs and Lorraine saw right through her.

Leaning in and placing her hands across the table, Babs began. "Don't you think that's up for him to decide?"

She took a quick puff of her cigarette, eyes rolling over to the window as she huffed softly, blowing white clouds of smoke into the air.

The girl couldn't help but feel as if this wouldn't do much to put out the fire. That it would only be fueled further.

But alas, she'd do her best to ensure that they all stuck together no matter what.

Betty looked up at Babs, nodding her head. She still smiled, despite her clear discomfort. "It's definitely his choice. I don't mind as long as I still have you girls." She said with a nod.

It was true; as badly as she wanted him, her friends meant the world to her. Betty managed to gain enough confidence to look at Lorraine, who was sipping her milkshake. She had a cold look on her face, which made Betty's smile fade once more. She looked at Babs and gave her a frown.