𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚔𝚎𝚢 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚞𝚗𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠𝚗 🔞 - 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟺

THE KEY TO THE UNKNOWN ㅡ PART 1

Contains: Physical and verbal abuse / Violence / Rough smut / Torture / Drugs / Blood and Gore. Read at your own risk!

Enjoy~

Jungkook's POV:

The anger in the demigod's eyes. It was so powerful, squeezing the soul mercilessly and for a moment... I thought it was only because of my soul, a Snow Angel who isn't used to the forces of Darkness. But, just as I got to think about this, I also let the thoughts fade, because even the Dark Angel who was gripping on me gave him. It was crystal clear that Jimin's powers were nothing to play around with. Although, the angels seemed to never learn their lesson ㅡ or just enjoy being in a constant risk, fight and hatred.

'Demons feed themselves with the other's suffering and hatred.' I heard this once, my memories yet not cleared to figure out the author of these words...

I sighed, realizing I was once again zoning out from reality, the fork in my hand poking the plate. My eyes turned to the door, which was still guarded by the demigod. He was leaning against the wall, his head still lowered and his arms folded. His deep breaths seemed to press heavier and heavier on his chest. I wanted to get up, to ease his pain, to comfort him just like he did. But I knew, for a fact, that I would only do worse. Because right now, he was not the Jimin I knew, but only the demon inside him, who would refuse any sign of compassion.

With a grunt, I shook my head again, pushing back the deep thoughts that were corrupting my mind.

"Jungkook." My eyes widened at the sound of his voice. I swallowed the last piece of food, placing the empty plate on the bed, my gaze returning to Jimin in an instant. "You should rest if you finished." He lifted his head, his glaring eyes locking on mine.

I opened my mouth to say something, only to close it back, swallowing my words ㅡ knowing damn well that protesting wasn't the best thing to do when Jimin was in this state. "I will try. Will you stay, though?" I asked, deep inside hoping that he would, although the fear of being hurt again would keep me awake forever.

He unfolded his arms, standing up straight from the wall and stepping closer to the bed. "I stay."

"Thank you." I nodded, letting myself down in a lying position on the bed.

I rolled to the side, facing toward him and carefully watching the black mist of magic dancing between fingers as he pulled the chair from the side of the room and placed it slowly in front of me. Just the same, he chose a book from the bookshelf, floating it upwards and bringing it to his hands. The pages flipped in a rhythmic pace, until stopping and his eyes now running through the lines.

I shifted, pulling the covers over my body, attempting to get comfortable. And to my surprise... it was easier than I thought.

...

My eyelids were fluttering slowly as soon as I put my head on the pillow. The tension in my muscles was fading away, leaving me completely melted into the warmth of his bed ㅡ that feeling of protection growing inside me only at the thought of him being next to me. I let out a long breath, taking a last glimpse of the demigod's form in front of me and shutting my eyes. Shoving my hands together under the pillow and snuggling into the blanket, I was getting deeper into unconsciousness, at last slipping into it completely.

3rd Person POV:

A long, firm pair of fingers flipped the next page of the book just as the hours kept passing by. Everything seemed quiet, nobody daring to come and disturb the atmosphere that was settling around the whole shelter. The peaceful form of the Snow Angel, who was now deep into dreamland, was awakening the voice in Jimin's head ㅡ stealing his attention and invading his mind. He struggled to continue reading, though it was impossible by now. He could no longer take his eyes off the boy, memories flowing before his eyes, so real as if they were happening once again. Under the pressure of the previous events, he didn't have time to study him so well, but now, the silence seemed to open the gate to his soul, letting out that shy, forsaken voice.