SS - Aeris Edevane: Baby steps

'I can do it.' I said to myself mentally.

A little girl to my right mimicked my deep breath and exhalation as I sat on my buttocks. Tessia was randomly imitating me for some reason. I didn't quite understand the psyche of such a small child, but apparently, she found it funny to do so.

Good for you, future assistant.

Leaving Tessia aside, I looked around the room. Giving way to the thoughts that were going around in my head when my gaze stopped on a white cabinet with golden finishes. I was always inquisitive. I've been wondering since I reincarnated if I'll be limited by my previous self. or can I be something more? something more than a natural genius hampered by her physical limitations.

That question could be answered now, next to my crib in my room, with the velvety carpet against my buttocks, and my only spectator was a little silver-haired princess picking her nose.

I sighed as I gave Tessia a hard look, who quickly stopped picking her nose and stood firm. Was she the kingdom's princess? I put that issue aside and used my small arms to hold onto the cradle at my side. The cold wood was like a reminder that I couldn't be nervous about something so small so, with the greatest effort, I put strength into one of my feet and got to my knees.

Following that, I used mental rather than physical strength to stand on one foot, then another... I was on my feet.

"Fufu~"

"Fufu?" Tessia mimicked.

I ignored her and tentatively took a step, a baby step that meant a lot to me, because when I took it, I felt weakness, but not a limiting weakness like the one I once felt as Sakayanagi Arisu, but rather a momentary weakness, one that would eventually fade and give way to strength, true strength.

"Fufufufu, ha...hahaha!" I couldn't help but laugh.

I began walking, stumbling, but I was walking, all by myself!

Tessia also tried to walk, but, she fell down and started to cry. I just gave her a sidelong glance; after all, it's normal for her to be unable to do something that I can; she'll have to get used to it.

I walked slowly, very slowly. I wanted to run, to feel what I hadn't felt before, but for the time being, I was content. I was content because I would now be a natural genius in every way, physically, mentally, and magically.

This would be my chessboard, and I would be the queen.

The door to the room unexpectedly opened. "Aeris! Don't ignore little Tessia, look, she peed herself because of your coldness." Said the woman known as my mother, lifting Tessia in one arm and me in the other.

I sighed, that day I had to wait a little longer. For the moment, I was just a baby.

"Ah, you too Aeris."

A wet baby.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What?! Another chapter in less than a month? It's a Christmas miracle. Actually, I had a little free time today and I had this idea for a SS and decided to do it.

Was arisu overreacting to being able to walk without her cane? Maybe. But I had fun writing.