Part Twelve

Part Twelve

We're on a roll apparently. Spending majority of yesterday in the sun on Moon Wreck Island isn't enough. Nana enlists Emily and I into going back out on the boat for a half day of diving. She absolutely loved the shell Emily found and wants us to find more for her.

I was more thrilled by the fact no one batted an eye when she nana asked during breakfast. Mum stayed quiet and my brothers didn't rush to say it was too soon. Apparently yesterday eased everyone about me being back in the water and going out on the boat.

Emily borrows another bikini and a wetsuit; she bargains with me that she'll do all the washing when we get back. She was original only supposed to be here for a couple of nights but its extending day after day. I don't mind, I love spending time with her like this. It's nice to talk to her about everything going on in my head as well.

I'm debating whether to bring my drawing pad today when Emily barrels into the room, opening my bedside table grabbing the silver piece I found a couple days ago. "We don't need that."

Emily waves it around. "I want to talk to nana about it, maybe she might have an idea what it is."

"I highly doubt it, we couldn't find anything on google."

She shrugs. "Then maybe we'll run into some mermaids, and we can ask them."

I roll my eyes deciding to leave the drawing pad behind today. I follow her out of my bedroom. We join nana who is in the shed organising things. She has opted to not join us in the water, she wants to continue making jewellery while we dive for shells.

Thankfully Alex helped get the boat ready for us before he left for work today. I annoyed with a list of names as possible dates, but he refused to open up about who it was. I have no idea if I even came close to getting one right. Several times he only laughed and continued keeping his mouth shut.

At some point today I should rattle of the same names to Emily and see if she's not as good at hiding her reaction. I think I could crack her.

Nana mans the helm of the boat, taking us to Moon Wreck Island. Instead of making our way onto land we stay on the boat, nana drops the anchor and shuts the engine off before heading over to us at the table.

"You girls want to dive from the boat or head onto the island?" she asks.

I glance at Emily. "It would save time and effort if we dive from the boat."

She nods. "I'm in."

She heads over to the bag we brought with the snorkel gear; she hands me one of the two wetsuits. I slip into it, pulling zipper up my chest as nana approaches me. "You should take that off, don't want to lose it." she points to my hand.

I lift my hands up wondering what she's talking about. My eyes land on the gold bracelet. "Good idea." I unclasp it from my wrist.

She holds her hand out. "I'll hold to it for you, if you want."

I nod, depositing the bracelet into her waiting palm. She tucks it into her glasses case, smiling at me as she snaps it shut for emphasis. Emily bumps into me, holding a snorkel pack out for me.

"I'm going to find you the prettiest shells nana, I swear." Emily points to nana.

She laughs, walking us down to the back of the boat. "You two be safe down there, look out for each other."

A prickling sensation washes over my back. I glance out at the island. I search the beach and trees for someone, the prickling sensation is the same feeling I got the other night when someone was watching me. Unlike that night in the ocean this feeling is slightly more pleasant.