Trustworthy or not?

New year, new students.
All the Dorm Leaders had gathered in the Mirror Chamber for the ceremony. One by one, after Crowley finished his speech, the freshmen stepped towards the enchanted Dark Mirror, ready to be placed in their respective dorms.

The magical artefact spoke with its solemn voice as it examined each new student by their inner magic, features and soul. After that, it formulated its verdict and each one would go behind the Dorm Leader, that would show them the way to their room.

"Nya! Too bad I don't get another minion this year" Grim ruffled his gray fur, while perched on Yuu's shoulder. They faked a pout "Hey, you got tired of looking at my face?" they poked the feline's cheek, chuckling.

"It's that we'd be fast at cleaning up when the ghosts aren't around" he replied, grooming his paw while watching the ceremony. After all, Ramshackle was a Dorm too.

After what seemed an eternity, only one student remained. Now that he was the only one standing, everyone else noticed how taller and older he looked compared to others. He wasn't a young teen, but probably in his late ones. Strange, usually students signed up at the age of sixteen. He was slim yet athletic, had long, silky brown hair, dark skin tone much like Kalim or Jamil's, pointy ears, and brown eyes. His clothes consisted in an elegant eastern like robe, brown and gold, with black pants and brown shoes with more golden decoration. The robe only had one sleeve that was so long it reached below his knee. He also wore a golden spiral shaped earring and was very good looking.

"State your name" The Mirror proclaimed

The tall young man sighed and cleared his throat, he looked slightly nervous, judging by how he fidgeted with his clothes' fabric

"Kalyan Vishvaas" he spoke with a smooth, silky voice tone.

"Hmm" Replied the mirror, staring at the last student with its hollow eyes. Kalyan shivered softly, tightening his lips.

"I see a cunning soul that hides a beast behind a human face" It said, after taking a closer look "I sense... A serpent, elegant, yet deadly"

The other students murmured. A serpent? Were there snake Beastmen in existence? Strange, but well, if the Mirror said so.

"You shall be assigned to Savanaclaw, among the other beasts who live under the teachings of the King of Beasts' spirit of persistence"

Kalyan sighed, bowing at the Mirror with a smile. Now that he did, they noticed his lips could stretch much wider and he had snake fangs. Apparently, snake beastmen were a thing.

"My pleassssure" He hissed, flicking a forked tongue. He received his pen/wand, his uniform and joined the other student. Leona eyed him with a raised eyebrow, ears flicking. "Hmpf... A snake. Just great"

"Oh, Dorm Leader, snakes are given such a bad rep" Kalyan mused, bowing again with a smile "I am wise enough not to meddle with a Lion's claws"

Kingscholar's lip twitched "Hm, you'd better not play games, here in Savanaclaw there's only one rule: obey me, or the consequences won't be pleasant" But Vishvaas didn't lose that smile of his, maybe it was not to be seen intimidated or maybe he just wanted to get in Leona's graces, who knew.

"Naturally" the Serpent replied, and then followed the freshmen in the mirror leading to Savanaclaw.

"What a strange guy, eh, Minion?" Grim swayed his trident like tail as they headed back to Ramshackle to make some inventory for the upcoming classes. They had to check if they had enough textbooks and supplies.
They were soon joined by Ace and Deuce, who had gladly skipped the house tour of Heartslabyul for the newcomers and let Cater do so, they just wanted to chill and talk about the break with Yuu.