CHAPTER - 3

Soojin, as Namjoon has predicted, is displeased. But apart from everything else, she's mostly confused, standing in front of you in yellow apron with hands on her hips and raised eyebrows.

"What the hell are you doing here already, Y/N?"

You sigh loudly, taking off your coat and stepping off your boots. You feel your younger sister's eyes piercing through your scull yet you don't falter. Straightening your back, you greet her, "Hello to you too, Soojin-ah." You hear her scoff in response.

"Hi, Y/N! What's up?" Taehyung, Soojin's dear boyfriend shouts from the living room. He's sitting on their couch, fumbling with Christmas tree lights and probably trying to find the faulty one among ninety-nine others working.

"Hi, Tae. Everything's peachy." you answer him and the man sends you his signature boxy grin in response.

Soojin crosses her arms over chest. "Peachy? Then why are you here so early? I told you we start at seven."

"Yeah, about the dinner. We need to talk."

She narrows her eyes but cocks her head at you to follow after her to the kitchen anyway. There's quite a mess going on here and from the smell of the pastry lying on the counter you assume she's making your mum's cinnamon rolls.

"So," she begins, taking off her apron. "Talk."

"Are those cinnamon rolls from mum's recipe?" you quip, trying to avoid her persistent stare.

"Y/N, we are not here to talk about food," Soojin warns but when she sees you extending your hand towards the plate where warm, already made ones lay, her gaze softens. "I changed the recipe a little bit to make it vegan. For Taehyung." The corners of her mouth lift up slightly at the mention of her boyfriend.

Taking the first bite of the roll, you hum between chews, "Tastes good. Like the non-vegan ones."

"I guess I made a good job then," Soojin laughs. "But seriously though, Y/N, don't play coy right now. I saw Namjoon's car on the driveway. Has he signed the papers yet?" she asks.

"Nope." you respond, emphasizing the 'p'.

"Is you being here has something to do with him?"

"Kind of."

You look up to meet her eyes and that's your first mistake because Soojin has something in them that makes you reveal every secret you hide right on the spot. It has always been like this between the two of you, you coming to your two years younger sister to talk instead the other way round. You still admire it in her, the determination and persistence she has. You were the parent's favourite child from the very beginning and Soojin knowing that, was determined to do everything they would have never wanted for her. She graduated college with degree in journalism and writes to the local newspaper, at the same time saving money to publish her own novel in the future.

Your parents bitterly accepted it, just like your future career path, but they weren't going to let her be that easily, arranging a meeting with possible husband-to-be a year after you got married to Namjoon. Little did they know she had been already madly in love with Kim Taehyung, the photographer who she met on an internship. And instead of going on a date with Park's youngest son, she proudly sent your parents a picture of her and Taehyung with a caption 'sry im taken' like she was responding to some horny man on Instagram.

You never keep anything from her. She was the first person you told you were in love with Namjoon and she was the first one to know you want a divorce.

"It is about the divorce papers, isn't it? He doesn't agree to split up? Is he making any difficulties?" Soojin asks question after question, and you shake your head.