Twin magic

I woke up that morning and got ready and a bird flew to my window.

"Hello plum! You won't believe what I found out! Magic is real! Like really real! I knew I wasn't crazy seeing those ghosts! Dad was wrong!"

Plum made an angry hooting sound, definitely directed at the mention of my dad.

"Don't worry Plum, he's not here, he lives all the way in Glasgow with my uncle remember?"  

At the plumb gave a happy hoot, i gifted I'm a handful of owl treats, plum was a friendly owl, we found him and his mom in a trap when he was a chick, stuck around ever since.

"You wanna join me on the way to the tavern today?"

He hooted happily and waited till I had put on my coat and saddle bag to fly onto my shoulder. I gathered a few clothes just in case.

I also grabbed snacks and first aid, hopefully no one will get too hurt.

I was about to run out of the door when I heard. "Where do you think your going.?"

I turned around to see my twin siblings staring at me arms crossed.

"Out?"

"We heard what you said to plum." My sister informed.

Great. Just great, now two more people who think I'm a nut job.

"Fantastic, guess your both gonna try to get mom to put me on house arrest to 'stop me from being a danger to myself'"

"No. We just want you to explain before you run off and get yourself entangled into something. Explain the full story before mom gets back." My brother expressed.

I took a deep breath and calmly explained what I had saw and who I had spoke too. All through my explanation they didn't look at be like I was mad, they looked understanding.

My sister then pulled her phone out of her pocket and called my mom.

"Hey mom! It's Lilith, mhm, me and Brodie won three tickets to se Andy's favourite band, can we take him for a weekend trip to Edinburgh, come on mom I promise we'll take care of him."

They went back and fourth over the phone a few more times.

"Really! Thanks mom? Yes we'll be back home by Tuesday!"

Mine and Brodie's jaws slacked, she just allowed us to go to Edinburgh for five days?! No wonder Lilith is the year representative, she sure knows how to talk to people.

"Yea yes yes! Thank you lils!" I said hugging her.

"No problem, but we better pack more then that if we're going to go to Scotland, and get some boots on."

***

After packing for about an hour I was fully ready to go, Thankfully Lilith reminded me to change my binder into a more travel safe one and we hurried to the tavern.