Akiara - Week 5

"So, you're telling me that you got 'busy' after your wedding reception and now you're pregnant?" Akiara questioned, trying to put the pieces together.

"Mhm." I hummed.

"Do your parents know yet?"

"Nope," I confessed, "not yet."

"What about our parents? Have you told my-" she stopped herself, "I mean, his mom yet?"

"Nope. Haven't told anyone yet." I said.

We sat in silence for a while. Akiara was the first to speak again.

"Are you sure this is what you want?" She asked. "It's not too late to back out."

"I'm positive," I said with conviction. "He made me feel so good when he wanted kids. He even suggested we go for it at our last session. So yeah, I think I've pretty much decided."

She nodded slowly. "Alright then." She said after a moment of thought. "Well...if you're sure, I will be there through it all."

"Thanks," I smiled.

Akiara and I had been friends for years before I started dating her brother. We'd spent many nights hanging out and talking about boys. But now, I found myself talking about children and pregnancy. It was a whole new side of Akiara. And I liked what I saw.

"So...how do you propose we tell your parents?"

"Yuuji already said he'd take care of everything. He already told them he wanted to talk, we're just waiting for them to come over."

"That's fun," Akiara said.

"Yeah, I guess. It definitely is an adventure."

"Oh yeah." She laughed. "Just wait until you're about ten weeks into it and find yourself craving random foods like pickles in peanut butter."

"Definitely not planning on that one." I laughed.

"Good news, Baby Doll," Yuuji told me, "Both of our parents are planning to come over tomorrow!"

My eyes widened in surprise. "Well, that's good. I sure hope everything goes well."

"Yeah, well, I should get going, Kuroo's going to be home soon, have a good night, and I hope everything goes well tomorrow," she explained. "Keep me updated, okay?"

"Of course!"

"Thanks, (Y/N). I'll see you later."

"See you, Akiara! Thanks for coming over!"

Akiara waved goodbye before heading home, shutting the door behind her.

I turned back to my husband.

"Well, that went well!" Yuuji smiled. I could see the relief in his eyes.

"Yeah, it did, didn't it?"

"Yeah," he repeated, "so you ready to tell our parents about your pregnancy tomorrow?" He asked quietly, his voice the calm before the storm.

"Y-yes," I stuttered nervously, feeling dread pooling in my belly.

He exhaled slowly and then leaned forward, grabbing me by the shoulders gently. "Just remember that they love you and will support you even if this is your decision to make." He said slowly with a smile playing on his lips. "I know our parents will be happy for us, especially when they find out you're pregnant."

"I think you're going to be the most supportive father ever." I said with a smile and a small laugh.

He couldn't help but laugh as well and then he stopped, letting his arms fall away from me when I sat up to lean against the headboard, looking down at my stomach. He reached out to brush the hair from my face before leaning down to press a kiss against the top of my head. "I love you, Baby Doll," he whispered.

"I love you too," I whispered back. "Now go to sleep." Leaving the door open, I pulled the blankets up on either side of us, laying on Yuuji with my head on his chest. He smiled and rubbed his hand over my back. His eyes drifted closed and he was asleep within seconds.

I lay there, staring at the moon that was peeking in through the window. The light made the dust motes sparkle and glisten. I wondered if it would be like this forever. I rested my hand on Yuuji's chest, wondering if he dreamed about our life together too or about anything else. He stirred underneath me and his eyes fluttered open for a moment before drifting shut again. He smiled and kissed my forehead before falling back into sleep.

"I love you," I whispered as my eyes drifted shut.

"I love you too, babe," he responded sleepily before drifting off completely.

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

I was awoken from a soft snore by a hand gently running down my back.

"Hm?" I asked sleepily, my eyes fluttering open as I looked up at the ceiling.

"Hey," he said softly. He reached over and brushed some of my hair behind my ear before leaning in and kissing me on the forehead. "You're beautiful."

"Stop it, you daft man," I grumbled half-heartedly.

He chuckled as he continued to rub my back. "So, you ready to talk to your parents today?"

"I guess," I groaned. I really wanted to roll over and go back to sleep for some reason. Taking care of two people at the same time was tiring."You guess?" He repeated, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm just nervous," I confessed.

"C'mon, (Y/N). Your parents love us," he explained, "what could possibly go wrong?"

"I don't know. What if they get mad at me? What if I do something wrong?"

"You'll be fine. I promise." He assured me. "I'll be right there for you. I'm not going anywhere."

He held me closer as I lay my head down and rested my hand on his chest.

"Thanks, Yuuji."

"Of course. I love you, Baby Doll."