Lost Wings

Leona pov :

The first thing Leona heard when he woke up was a very loud scream. And it was like a scream of pain and not a screem of fear.

Leona was very annoyed getting woke up like that but he was also curious and concerned. Who could have screamed like that?

As he got out of his room he sees ruggie and Jack and some other member of the crew looking at each other wondering who could have screamed like this .

Then they heard other screams and it seems that the person who was screaming was also crying.

And it seems to come from the cell....

Greaaat

"Ruggie, Jack come with me we are going to check what is going on "

Ruggie looked at him like he was betrayed because he did absolutely not want to go in this room and Jack doesn't seemed very reassured either.

Leona got in front of the door and opened it slowly. Then he saw Malleus on the floor in the shape of a ball with his hand on top of his shoulder touching his scapula and crying like there was no tomorrow.

He wanted to say something to him so he would stop being dramatic when he saw red. There was blood on the floor... A lot of blood...

Shit! The blood was coming from him, what happened!?

Ruggie and Jack must also have noticed because their face completely change to a expression of horror.

"Ruggie go quick get bandages and everything "

Ruggie immediately left to get what he was asked for

This is really really bad. Whatever happened to him the amount of blood on the floor is relevant of how serious his injury is.

Leona approached the man but suddenly got his face scratched by malleus. His expression was a mixt of anger, sadness, fear and helplessness.

"What happened to you? " said Leona softly, trying not to scare the man even more than he already was

"You dare ask what happened!? " yelled malleus

"Yes I do because I don't know what is going on "

"You are the ones who did this! "

"What do you mean? "

"You're the ones who took my wings " and as he said that he cried even more

"Why would we do that? We wanna sell you and you will cost much more if you're not damaged. So why we would want to lose money? "

And with this malleus completely fell apart, crying so much that Leona didn't think it was possible to do worst

Leona didn't really know what to do and Jack was just standing there still processing what was going on.

"I'm back! " said ruggie out of breath because he was apparently running

"Okay ruggie it's his back you need to treat. Jack you help him out"

Ruggie and Jack looked at him then at the man in front of them and were even more worried that they were before.

"Don't worry I hold him. You heal him"

Then Leona removed his cloack and approached even more malleus until he grabbed him in his arms. At first malleus did not understand what was going on until he felt a pain even worse that the one he was felling before. Malleus wouldn't stop moving out of pain as ruggie and Jack were trying to heal him.

It lasted at least 20 minutes until ruggie and Jack did the last bandage on the areas where his wings were.

During this Leona got several injuries but nothing really bad. And due to the pain and all the crying malleus fell asleep in his arms.

"What are we gonna do boss? " asked ruggie concerned

"It would be better if he stays in my room because if he stays here, his injuries might get infected "

Ruggie and Jack nodded to that and left the room just to get back 5 minutes later with utensils to clean the floor.

While they were doing that, Leona grabbed malleus thigh, put his arms around his neck and stood up to go into his room. On his way he also grabbed his cloak to cover him because they had to take off his clothes in order to heal him (and god damn it was hard because these clothes are a living hell )

Everyone on the boat looked at him confused as he walk in his room with the prisoner in his arms.

He put malleus in his bed on the belly to avoid any more pain due to his back.

"Ugh we are going to lose so much money... " thought Leona to himself, guessing that was the reason he was this anxious for malleus.

And even if leona was an asshole sometimes, he couldn't even imagine the pain Malleus must have endured with the loss of his wings.

Of course Leona wasn't insensitive. It was like if someone cut his ears or his tail. Absolutely horrible.

But now a single question is on his mind:

Who did this?