Nothing's Like Before, But Has it Really Changed?

And so, Sora sealed the keyhole at Hollow Bastion and went on to confront Ansem. The Princesses of Heart, Ventus, and Sabrina waited in fearful anticipation for a sign that the worlds were whole once more.

It was Sabrina who became that signal. Without warning, in the middle of a discussion with Aurora, Sabrina's whole body lurched forward. The sudden motion certainly surprised the sleeping beauty and quickly earned the attention of the others.

"Sabrina!" Ven immediately reacted as he went to her side. The other Princesses also huddled around in worry.

Not that they needed to. Despite the faintest trace of a tear rolling down her face, Sabrina's expression was determined.

"The worlds..." Sabrina told them, "The worlds are returning."

Not long after her saying this, the Princesses started to be enveloped in a sparkling light. They marveled at this for a moment,- they knew what had to be done now.

"Oh my," Alice mused first, "How curiously wonderful. I do hope my sister wasn't too worried about my absence."

"It would be nice to see all our loved ones again." Cinderella agreed.

The two Princesses of Heart held their hands over their respective hearts. A moment after and their bodies burst into bright sparkles that disappeared just as quickly. They were followed not long after by Aurora, Jasmine, and Belle. Belle, in particular, smiling up at the Beast as they left together.

"Ventus," Snow White said, moving close to him despite her inner light being a bit too strong. She was holding it back for a little longer so they could properly part. "Don't be such a stranger next time, alright? You're welcome in our world any time. You have my blessing."

"Thanks." Ven grinned.

"And..." Snow White then whispered, "Your hearts shine brightest when you're together. A heart that purposely holds back its light is a strong one indeed, but has much to lose in the process. Do take care of her."

Ven gave a small jump in surprise before turning to Sabrina. He looked back at Snow White with a face quite more flushed than before.

"I will." he promised. "I always will."

Snow White gave him one last smile before she too returned to her homeworld. That soon left just him and Sabrina alone in the chapel. Every step he took now was in a haunted echo as he went to her side.

"I bet Oswald will be glad to have you back home." he mused, giving her a little bump with his elbow.

"He won't be the only one." she huffed in return. "I can already see at least one parade in our future."

Ven laughed at the idea. However, not long after his smile soon fell as he thought of a different type of homecoming.

"Can we make a small detour before going home?" he asked. "There's someplace I want to check first."

Sabrina raised an eyebrow, but certainly didn't oppose the idea. Her only question was a simple, "Where?"

. . .

He didn't know why he had expected the world had changed. Maybe even after all this time, he was still as naive as the day he left.

"So this is the world you came from?" Sabrina inquired as she looked over the castle. She wasn't going to dare to say much more than that at the moment- she of all people knew what it was like to come from a broken world.

"No." Ven said. He then immediately shook his head to amend with, "Well, yes, but in a different way."

He didn't have to look at her to know that Sabrina was giving him a rather unimpressed stare.