Jeannie in a Bikini, Scott in a Speedo

Scott, Jean and the kids were enjoying a nice family outing at the beach. The waves gently lapped at the shore, and shimmered in the sunlight. Rachel was already burying her brother in the sand using her telekinesis and Nathan did nothing in protest. Their mother watched them with an amused expression and set up the beach towels and umbrella. She waited for Scott to finish changing into his swimwear so that he could rub her down with sunscreen-- admittedly, it was one of her favorite parts of coming to the beach. 

When he had returned, he was met with a gaggle of expressions. 

"Ew dad, put that away, no one needs to see that." came Nathan's snide remark. The boy was already neck deep in sand (Rachel works fast) and sneered at the image of his father in a speedo. Of all things. 

Scott chuckles in response and goes over to his wife. "Aw c'mon sport," he says, "your dad is trying to live a little."

Nathan snorts, "Living a little too much it seems. There are just some things a son isn't meant to see."

"Yeah," Rachel agrees as she prepares to pour some sand into her brother's hair. "I kinda preferred you being a square." 

"Oh I don't know, what do you think Jean?" Scott asks, turning to his wife. Jean gives her reply while she stops Rachel from going too far, "Well…" she clicks her tongue, "I kinda like it."

Nathan throws his head back and groans, "Of course mom likes it! Look, I've seen a lot of messed up shit, and this doesn't need to be one of them. You don't see grandpoppy Corsair pulling that."

Scott turns his gaze towards the ground and wriggles his toes in the sand. "Well…"

"Oh God." Nathan rolls his eyes. "Let's never invite grandad to the beach ever." Rachel nods in agreement.

"Oh Nathan," Jean chides, "don't be like that." She levitates the suntan lotion from the beach bag and hands it to Scott. "You mind dear?"

Nathan prematurely gags and his parents give him a curious look. "What's wrong with that now?" Scott asks rhetorically, adjusting his glasses so that the sun glinted off of them. "It's not inappropriate."

"Yeah but with you two making googly eyes and whispering sweet nothings, I'm led to believe it is." Nathan retorts, trying to get out of his sand trap. "In other words, y'all two are nasty."

"Nasty?" Jean exchanges a glance with Scott. "I'm sure if Armor or one of the Stepford Cuckoos were here--"

"No." Nathan cut in with his cheeks rapidly flushing. "That's different."

"I'm pretty sure it's not." Jean teases. 

"I'm pretty sure it is."

"Hm." Jean looks toward her daughter, "Rachel sweetie, do your mother a favor and let the tide come in." Of course, Rachel smiles deviously and obliges. Utilizing her powers, she dug a small trench from the waters edge toward where Nathan was buried. 

"Hey wait--" Nathan wriggles around, his eye sparkler flashing with agitation. "This isn't fair!"

Jean smiles. She was probably enjoying this more than she should be. "Oh sweetie, you're a Summers, of course it's fair."

The water slowly reaches around Nathan's shoulders and softly tugs at the sand. "Dad, do something!"  Nathan protests. At this point he wouldn't hold it against Rachel to allow the tide to pull him out towards the sea. He could almost taste the salt on his tongue. 

"That depends," Scott replies, "am I still nasty?"

Nathan keeps silent and narrows his eyes into brown and yellow slits. 

"Then that's a no." Scott opens the suntan lotion and goes about applying it on Jean. "Rachel, he's all yours."

Rachel gives a mock salute. "Aye aye Cap'n Dad."  She continues to let more water into her trench and looms ominously over her brother. "Rach…" Nathan cranes his head to look up at her. "I thought you were on my side?" he asks. She laughs and takes a step back. "Yeah but given the opportunity to annoy you, I have to comply."

"Wow." Nathan grumbles as the water rises to his chin. "I hate you."

"I hate you too little brother." Rachel replies good-naturedly. 

"You kids don't have too much fun now!" Scott calls out. He was busy massaging Jean's back as she lied down on the towel. The tide rises enough that salt water gets into Nathan's mouth. He spits it out and lifts his chin above the water. "That's it, I'm excommunicating myself from the Summer Home." he says. 

Rachel arches an amused brow. "Yeah? And what'll you do then little brother?"

"I'll become a Starjammer, I don't know." Nathan replies, still trying to get free. The damp sand was sucking at his limbs and scratching at his limbs. Not to mention the amount that was in his swim shorts. In hindsight, getting buried in the sand was a bad idea. "Rachel please, this is getting ridiculous."

"You're right." Rachel takes a seat in the sand a bit away from Nathan and the mini trench. She begins occupying herself by making a sandcastle, completely ignoring him. Luckily, the tide started to go back out and Nathan was back to being submerged up to his shoulders. He looked toward his parents expectantly but they were both caught up bathing in the sun. 

This is my life now. Nathan thinks. I'm going to drown by my sister and the last thing I'll see is my dad in a goddamn speedo. Saving the future wasn't worth this. 

Jean turns onto her back and rests on her elbows. "Think I went too far?" she asks her husband who was applying sunscreen onto himself. 

Scott scoffs in response, "He's a Summers, he'll be fine."