Prologue

It was cold as a boy moved through the outskirts of a city. Thick snow fell down the sky as the boy wrapped the blanket around him more tightly. Snow covered his small frame and the blanket turned as white as the snow around him. With each step he made, he felt himself becoming more and more tired. His eyes glance around as he tries to find shelter.

The surrounding environment offered nothing of hope as he looked. No cave, no thick vegetation that would keep the wind and snow away. He felt hopeless. The only thing he did was put one foot forward after another. If he didn't he wouldn't be able to continue. Even so, the boy soon collapsed. The winds and cold finally took their toll on the small child. His vision slowly melted away as he looked through the snow. The last thing he saw was a wooden wheel coming to a stop in front of him.

"Is he dead?" A voice filled with energy asked.

"Anna! How could you say that? Of course, he isn't, see? His chest is rising."

"Mother, he feels cold," another girl's voice says with worry.

"He is, but the fireplace and a thick blanket will warm him up. Don't worry, my little girls. The boy will make it. He will soon be able to make his way home again."

"Dear, I don't think he has a home. A boy walking only with a blanket around him?" An older female voice says.

"Can't he stay with us? We could play with him! Make a snowman together!" Anna says excitedly.

The man sighs as he looks at the boy. The child is around Elsa's age. His hair seems a similar platinum color from what he can tell, but it may have been the cold. Even the King wouldn't be able to send the boy away if he had nowhere to go. He would be failing his duty too as protector of Arendelle.

"If he truly has no home, he can stay. However, he has to work in the castle. And, yes, he can play with you," the King relented. Both girls cheered with Anna being the loudest. The Queen smiled at them as she stood up from the bed.

"Now, off to bed. Let him rest and warm up," she says. Both girls went back to bed with some resistance. The King followed them to get some sleep as well. Before he closed the doors, he glanced again at the boy. He may have a use for him, but he wasn't sure yet.

"Helloooo?"

"Hmm?" The boy groans out.

"Heeeelllloooooo?"

"Anna, shouldn't we let him sleep?"

"But we're burning daylight! Time for us to play!"

"Play?" The boy asks as he looks to his left. Two pairs of blue eyes watch him as he turns under the warm blanket.

"Yes, play! Hide and seek, or catch, or a snow fight, or-" Anna starts to say while using her fingers to name them all. Elsa rolls her eyes as she looks at the boy again.

"Only if you want. What's your name?" Elsa asked.

"Christiaan, or Chris as most call me..." the boy mumbles as he looks around the large decorative room. The fireplace still gives warmth as a fire is still roaring. Red thick carpets and furniture of majestic detail. "Where am I? And who are you?"

"I am Anna and this is Elsa! You are in Arendelle."

"Anna... Elsa... Arendelle?" he asks.

"Yes! That is us!" Anna says with a bright smile pointing at herself and Elsa. Chris smiles but looks confused as to how he got here.

"Our parents brought you here. From the cold and snow, two days ago. Remember?"

"I remember. Walking, cold, nowhere to go," Chris says with a sigh.

The doors open as a man and woman walk into the room. A comforting smile on their face. "You can stay here. I have thought about it and I am sure these two ladies will agree. For some time I was looking for a suitable personal courtier for Elsa. You will be trained, and taken care of. In return, you will work for us. Does that sound agreeable?" the King says.

"Why...?"

"Angmar wouldn't wish to rob Elsa and Anna of their new friend. Would he?" The queen says with a raised eyebrow and an innocent smile. The King smiled while nodding, also wearily glancing at the ladies that surround him. All three intently looked at him.

"Yes. I am a bit powerless against my female companions at times..." the king says through a chuckle, "Well, it seems it has been settled. Welcome, Christiaan. Make sure you do your best."

"I will. I promise."