Chapter 5: Long May She Reign

The castle is busy with all kinds of preparations. Elsa will be crowned queen. Chris had much to prepare for Elsa in terms of clothing and rehearsing. Even with Anna to a lesser extent, but that mainly was to make sure she woke up on time. Chris walked through the hallways and see the ballroom being prepared, decorations being put up across the castle and town, and even some last-minute changes on the food being rushed.

Amit all the chaos, Chris walked through it like a fish in water in the direction of Anna and Elsa. The first order of business is waking up Anna. It is also the most difficult of the things he has to do. Compared to Elsa, Anna sometimes had trouble making sure she is on time.

"Anna, are you getting ready?" Chris asked as he knocked on her door. He continued knocking but didn't hear anything. A sigh already left him.

"Anna! Are you awake?"

"Yes, I have been awake for hours!" She says but even if she said it, Chris heard her snoring again.

"Anna, wake up again. It's your sister's coronation, don't-"

"It's Elsa's coronation day!" He heard Anna yell in enthusiasm. Various sounds came from the room as Anna rushed to prepare herself. When Anna heard something she likes, she will have enough energy to complete her task with surprising speed. Chris can't help but chuckle. "Should I help, or do you have-"

He didn't finish his sentence as Anna soon rushed out while still doing her hair. Chris watched as he stifled a laugh. Anna is really awake now and probably causing mayhem already. He also thinks his decision to have a backup cake was the correct one. This one will not survive Anna's enthusiasm. Chris then makes his way to Elsa.

Elsa took over the royal chamber. It wasn't much different compared to her previous one, but definitely larger. There was also enough space to work and keep up to date with all the realm's affairs. Chris has to admit Elsa will be a good queen. Dedicated, just, and calm. He just hopes that everything will be okay considering her magical conundrum.

"Elsa, everything going well? Do you need any help?" Chris asked as he stood in front of her door.

"No, but you may come inside," Elsa says through the door. Chris does so as he enters her personal chamber. Elsa stood near the window watching all the foreign dignitaries and royals entering Arendelle. It will be soon that the gates will be opened after years of beings closed.

"Elsa, how are you doing?"

"Fine. I am just a bit nervous," she says.

"That's normal. It's a big day for you after all," Chris says as he stood next to her. Elsa nods, sighing softly.

"Don't let them see. Don't feel..." she mutters softly to herself. Chris looks at her as she continues to watch the gathering crowd. Those words must have been repeated for minutes. She seems to say the words like a spell in the hope it will keep everything at bay. His gaze wanders around the room and soon he saw.

A candle stand and a round-ish jewel box. Both represent the royal jewels more or less in shape. Both were frozen in ice. He took a breath and walked towards the objects. He melt the ice away with his magic and then turned to Elsa again.

"Want to try again?" He asked as he held both objects. Elsa sighs as she steps toward him. "I can only keep it at bay for long enough for the cardinal to say the official words. If the cardinal is too slow, the ice will be seen by all," she says.

"It will not ice over. Trust me," he says and held them both out to her. Elsa softly smiles as she lets out a breath. "I trust you, Chris. However, you're too optimistic and fearless. I don't know why you even stayed while serving someone as dangerous as me," she says.

"I told you many times. I am not afraid and neither should you."

"If you say so..." she says while taking a breath, "But I am just going to ice it over again," she continues as she took the candle stand and box.

They both waited for the eventual frost and ice, but it did not come. It remains just as it is, Elsa looks with wide eyes at it as if she could hardly believe it. Just to be sure, she brought the objects closer and turns them in every which way to see where the ice is. But none could be seen.

"How...? Chris..."

"Yes, Your Grace?" He asks innocently.

"Is there water on the objects?"

"Yes."

"Is it melting the ice just as it forms?"

"It is. Will you be more at ease at the ceremony now? I will help you for as long as I can, Elsa. Don't be afraid, okay?"

"You are too kind, Chris. Well, we should let the gates be opened. It is time," Elsa says as she walks towards the door, taking her new role as queen...

A soft musical song was made as Elsa and Anna stood near the altar. A small chorus of men and women softly sang while Elsa bowed forward to receive her crown. The wooden church was filled with all the important royals and dignitaries. Chris sat at the front of the church at the orders of Elsa. Only they knew the real reason for it, but the rest shrugged it off as not unusual. At least considering the close ties Chris has with the royal family and to be close in case something had to be done.

As soon as Elsa received the crown, she stood back up and nervously watched as the cardinal turned once again to her. But this time a soft cushion with royal jewels. A golden rod and a round sphere also made of gold. Both jewels were further decorated with a few diamonds and the flower of Arendelle.

Elsa took a soft breath as she removed her gloves and took both items. Her hands were shaking, afraid to show the world her powers. Afraid that something will happen that may bring pain to someone. Only when she touched it, she felt a comfortable temperature that made her raging nerves slowly disappear.

She turns around to face the crowd while holding the two items. Her eye glanced at Chris who was smiling at her knowingly, he even winked at her to let her know he got her back. It made Elsa smile and even flush softly.

As she felt comfortable and at ease, she faced the crowd with a relaxed expression. The cardinal spoke the official words and soon Elsa was officially queen. She placed the items down again and put on her gloves. The crowd stood up and clapped in response.

"Queen Elsa of Arendelle, long may she reign!" The crowd says as they clapped. Chris and Anna were the happiest for her.