Chapter 7: Going After Elsa

Chris watched Elsa disappear. Her deepest fears came true and he couldn't help her. And now she had disappeared in the direction of the mountain. North Mountain from what he could tell. It must be as Elsa most likely is seeking out isolation and the cold never bothered her anyway.

"I am going after her," Chris says as he turns on his heels to speed walk to the stables. Anna followed him with equal determination. "I am coming with you. Prepare two horses," she calls out.

"Anna! It is too dangerous," Hans says as he walks with her.

"Elsa is gentle and kind. She is anything but dangerous!" Chris snaps at him.

"Christiaan is right. Elsa is not dangerous, Hans. We will bring her back and make everything right," Anna says as she mounts her horse and Chris follows suit. Chris isn't entirely sure how Elsa will fix this. This isn't something he has seen before and Elsa probably didn't notice when she ran away.

"I leave Prince Hans is charge while I am gone," Anna spoke to the crowd. Chris frowns as he glanced at Anna. Is that wise? He would rather have one of the servants in charge than Hans if he is honest. The Prince gives him the wrong feeling for whatever reason that may be. Both of them soon raced out of the castle and went after Elsa.

"Was it wise to leave Hans in charge?" Chris asked as they rode their horses.

"Can you not talk bad about him, you don't even know him!" Anna retorts.

"And neither do you. Look, we'll talk about it later. Let's just find Elsa first."

"Fine. But Hans is not as bad as you and Elsa think."

"You learned all that within a few hours? Quite the skill set you have Anna," Chris says with a roll of his eyes and a voice full of sarcasm.

"Hmph. It's true love, Chris! What else matters?"

"Whatever you say, Anna, I care more about finding Elsa at the moment. I am worried about her," he says.

"Well, she sure seems capable of taking care of herself..." Anna says as she looks around the snow-covered landscape. Even the cold winds have come while they continue to track up the mountain. Chris hates that Elsa went up a mountain. Couldn't she just stay in a valley?

"Did you know anything about this, Chris?"

"Does it matter now? Everyone is aware of it now," he says with a sigh as he took his gloves off, "Since you know about her, I may as well be honest about myself too."

"Honest? You can use magic as well?!" She asks with shock and her eyes wide as she looked at him.

"Yes, it is why I have been assigned as her personal servant. Here look," he continues as he makes gestures with his hand. Blue sparkles came alive in the air, each sparkle soon turned into drops of water. It formed a floating bubble in the air as he made it float around before making it disappear.

"Wow... Water magic! That's so cool! But you should have told me! How can you keep this from me?!"

"We'll discuss it more when we've found Elsa. Our focus should be on her not me or why we have kept it from you," he says and urged the horse to go faster through the snow.

"Right! But you will explain it!"

"I will, Anna... Careful!"

Snow had been piling up around them throughout their ride. Even the trees were holding a thick layer of snow and one branch had too much. A fair amount fell from it landing precisely in front of them. The horses got the scare of their life as they made Anna and Chris fall on their backs in the snow. Before long, both horses ran away leaving their riders behind.