Chapter 10: Elsa's Epiphany

Anna's hair turned whiter as they continued their way toward Christof's friends. Christof was confident they could help them with whatever Elsa did to them. What Anna and Chris do know is that they felt colder than they did before. No matter what they did, the cold persisted. Chris tries with his magic to warm them up, but even his water felt cold. No matter how much he wills it to be warm, it remains cold. Now they huddled together to remain a bit warm as they continued their way. Luckily, the place they were going seems to be warmer which was very appreciated by Chris and Anna.

"So, about my friends. Well, I say friends, but they are more like family. Anyway, when I was a kid it was just me and Sven. Till, you know, till they took us in."

"They did?" Anna asks softly as she watched him with a soft smile.

"Sounds just like me when Anna's family took me in," Chris says.

"It does sound similar. I am happy you found your way to us, Chris. You made it a nicer place, our home I mean. Whatever you may think, I see you as family," Anna says, smiling at the man. He walks around with a thick layer of water, but it didn't seem to help much. Whatever his magic is, it got disrupted by Elsa's blast of magic. He was smiling and nodding in appreciation at Anna. It did make him feel good to know he is important to them.

"I guess everyone needs a home and a family. Well, I have to warn you about my family. They can be a bit much. And very inappropriate at times. And loud, very loud!" Christof continues to lighten the mood a bit. He did not know what to do but he will try to help them both. His rambling was stopped as a hand from Anna touched his shoulder.

"Christof, they sound wonderful," she says with a comforting voice. Christof lets out a sigh and nods. "Okay, well, here we are!"

Christof motions around him. It was a grove filled with rocks and trees. Whatever these 'friends' are they seem very much not human. Or they must be very good at hiding. Christof walks forward. And starts to greet multiple rocks. Greeting them and noting several things like weight, height, and even characteristics like the moss and things.

"He's crazy," Olaf says to them both.

"I... Rocks?" Chris notes with confusion.

"I'll distract him while you run," Olaf says before trudging forwards and also starting to greet them. Holding to distract Christof.

"Christof? What's going on?" Anna asked as she looks with a confused expression at him. Even wearily as she thinks he lost it.

"I think we should go...?" Chris says.

"Wait! Its..." Christof says before all the rocks started to rumble and even roll to Christof. Both Anna and Chris looked at each other with clear disbelief at what is happening. Trolls.

"They are trolls!" Anna says with wonder.

"Yeah..." Chris says as he looks at the many small stone trolls. Each one of them turned around and blinked at the two strangers. Like Christof warned them, they were enthusiastically greeted. And, for whatever reason, they thought Anna was Christof's girlfriend or future wife?

In any case, Chris watched with a smile while cold seeped deeper into him. He knows something will happen to him, but he can't help but think Anna is happy with this Christof fellow. Why doesn't she realize Hans for what he is? Besides, he likes Christof a lot more than the Prince.

It was sudden. Anna fell back into the arms of Christof as the cold became too much. Even Chris feels it. The sensation is similar to the day he fell into the snow long ago. He was luckily caught by the energetic and caring trolls.

"Hang on, dear!" One says as he felt himself being brought to the front.

"Gran Pabbie will take a look," another says.