Chapter 2: Wonders and Dangers of Magic

The royal family watch in anticipation. In a small clearing Chris was able to show his powers more freely and without making it apparent to all. The forest hides them from prying eyes. The king was more relieved or more intrigued to see if what Anna said was true. If it was, Elsa could learn with someone who understood her better. It won't stop him from finding out what the true cause and solution are. However, it helped knowing someone would help her.

Chris took a deep breath as his hand gestured through the air. Elsa was glued to see whether he has trouble like her sometimes or if it was easier. Either way, she was intrigued by his magic, to say the least. She could make snow, ice, and cold winds that irritate Anna. Much to Anna's dismay, but nothing a good snow fight to make Anna forgive her.

Sparks of dark blue came into existence as he made his gestures. He gave an air of what he was doing. Like an instinct drove him somehow. Elsa was smiling as she watched. Anna was squealing in excitement to see what would be made.

"How am I even doing this?!" Chris mumbles softly to himself. He glances around the clearing to see what he wants to try. It was filled with many flowers. Trees are thick and green. A small river made its way through the forest, giving the plants and animals their water. His eyes look around and eventually land on a hundred by roughly sixty meters dried lake bed. It was always without water, some said the water source was empty and could not fill the lake anymore.

Chris took all the blue sparkles in his hand and blew them toward the dried lake bed. Each sparkle flew and touched the lake bed. All eyes were watching to see what would happen. Slowly the sound of bubbling water made it fill up. Crystal-clear water came rising from below, slowly filling the small lake.

All watch in wonder as the lake was soon filled to the brim and even trickle over into the river. It is as if where ever the water came from was once again overflowing with water. Chris glanced at the royal family and the King smiled at him. Nodding in congratulation.

"Can you move water?" Anna asked almost unable to stop herself from asking many more questions and requests. Elsa's magic was a wonder to behold for her, and now Christiaan? It made her world even more enthralling and enchanting. She can't wait to play with his magic as well.

Chris chuckles as he waved his arms like he picked up a small volume of water with his hands. In a small arch, the water went to Anna, splashing her and soaking her.

"I can, Your Highness," Chris says while trying to hide a laugh. Even the others laughed as they saw Anna pouting and trying to get the water out of her hair and clothes.

"I thought we were friends..." Anna mumbles. It only made them laugh harder.

"Chris, be careful with this. Learn to control it, and make sure it cannot harm others. Do you understand?" King Agnarr says to him as he kneels beside him.

"Yes, Your Grace. I will not let you down."

"I know you will. Come, we best get Anna some dry clothes," the King says with a smile. Chris chuckles as he waves his hand trying to get the water out of her clothes and hair. Drop for drop it floated back into the lake.

"Or get it out..." Agnarr notes. "You will be very useful, Christiaan. Shall we get back? I am sure lunch is in order."

It was from that moment on that Chris was found training often near the lake. Besides his studies and training, he was often away to learn his new powers as well as he could. The time was well spent as he grew more confident and assured of his control. Elsa watched him a few times and wondered why she was sometimes struggling. It never resulted in anything bad or harmful, but it grew and grew inside her. Making it harder to control at times.

Days turned to weeks. Chris was making up due to his training to learn more of his magic. It caused him to study at night as he tries to memorize the proper etiquette, table manners, and all the other stuff. He groans from his tiredness as his head plops on the desk, only to be softened by the pages of the book. His use of the water magic for long periods made him tired. Sleep has come to bring him to a pleasant dreamland. Away from the boring books and lessons.

"Chris!" Anna asks with brimming excitement.

"He looks tired, Anna... Perhaps we should let him rest," Elsa tries to say.

"But he always likes it! Chris, want to build a snowman? Creating ice wonders!"

"Anna... what time is it?"

"Uh... don't know. But the sky is awake so I am awake," she says while thinking about it.

"If I say no, will you leave?"

"No!"

"Give me a minute..." he groans as he stretched his arms and legs. Soft pops came as he does it. It felt pleasing and somehow a bit energising to him as he got up from his seat. "Alright, Princess. What is it you wanna do?"

"Making a snowman! And have a snow fight! And seeing you make ice wonders with Elsa!"

"Ice wonders... you know it is just my water frozen in a shape," Chris chuckles as he ran through the hall with them.

"Ssh, we can't let people know about this," Elsa says while trying to be stern. However, the snow princess was equally looking forward to playing with Chris and Elsa. It is at these moments she can enjoy her powers and make Anna smile. As well as Chris who has become just as important to her over time. Hopefully, they will remain on good terms. He will be her personal courtier, something like a butler she guessed.

They snuck their way through the halls and, by whatever luck they had, no one noticed the giggling of an excited Anna. The trio made their way inside the large throne room. Anna already running around as she calls Elsa to do the magic while Chris closed the door. Hopefully, no one noticed them.

By the time Chris joined them again it was already snowing. It was snowing just as hard as the day he was found, but unlike that day he was enjoying it. He made snow angels with Elsa, fought against Anna in a snow fight, and was building a snowman with both of them. Elsa was finishing the snowman while sitting on her mother's throne was Anna, and Chris standing next to her looking at Elsa putting two wooden arms and a carrot nose in it.

"I am Olaf and I like warm hugs," Elsa said as presented the snowman, speaking in a deeper masculine voice. Anna ran to him with a squeal as he hugs Olaf. "I love you, Olaf!" Anna says.

The fun continues as Elsa made a snow sled, but it was soon apparent that Anna pushed Elsa further and further. Trying to climb to the ceiling, but her pace became only faster. In desperation to keep up, Elsa slipped on the ice-covered floor, her magic blast hitting Anna in the head.

Anna tumbled to the ground unconscious as she landed on soft snow. Both Elsa and Chris rushed to her side. Elsa tried to call for her, to make her wake up. But the appearance of a white streak in the red hair made their hearts sink.

"I- I'll get the king. He will know what to do. Stay with Anna," Chris says as he ran out of the room only fast enough before frost began to cover the entire room. It wasn't long before the king and queen rushed out of the palace on two horses. Anna was in the arms of the queen while Elsa hugged her father.

Chris watched from the gates as he hoped all will be well. Elsa must be devastated and horrified at what she has done. It must be as a trail of ice grew on the cobblestone road under the horse. A sign of distress from the snow princess. Chris entered the palace once again with a heavy heart.

Unfortunately, it turns out not all was well.