Trimming Flowers

3rd POV

"Holy shit, this is awesome!" Emmeline yells, smashing a baseball bat on a Burner zombie's head, splattering petals and brain pieces everywhere.

"Never have I seen mermaids enjoy violence so much," Dino flatly says, kicking a horde of zombies into the sky. "Though, I can't talk when I'm playing FIFA with zombie's heads."

"We're almost at NBC!" Yuu says, seeing the bell tower within 55 feet. "Hold on! I've got to take care of a grabby nuisance."

Yuu puts her chainsaw on the zombie's head, slicing it in half. The girls fight through the horde and run to Noble Bell College's ballroom.

"We get up those steps, and we should reach the staircase for the bell tower," Yuu instructs, stepping over flower-covered bodies.

The leftover undead from the outside pound on the doors of NBC, screeching for more food.

"Oh shit," Cleora curses, looking at the cocoons on the ground begin to open.

The students that succumbed to the Crimson Flower rose from their floral tombs.

"Not Neige!" Yuu groans, seeing Neige shamble towards them with a flower where his heart is.

"No, it got Evan!" Emmeline wails, looking at her friend breaking the vines and not caring about his fallen hat.

"Bigger problems here! Zombie students are surrounding us!" Riri says, turning on her hedge trimmer.

Emme feels someone wrapping themselves around her waist, and she screams. Yuu takes out her pistol, shooting behind Emme, even though it looks like no one is there. Che'nya's body flies to the floor with a gunshot wound in his shoulder. He lets out a hellish cat-like scream, yowling in pain.

"I thought they couldn't use their magic once the Crimson Flowers got a hold of them?" Cleora asks, slicing vines off a student.

"That's what we thought as well. Maybe the flowers found promise in a bunch of students with an extreme potential for magic?" Dino answers, trying to find a water pipe. "I'm going back out into the ocean. Meet your friends before the tsunami hits the island."

Dino absorbs herself through the wall, going into the pipes to find her way to the ocean.

"There's too many to fight off. We might have to do a converged attack," Riri states, slicing a vine heading towards her.

"Agreed," Emme, Cleora, and Yuu say.

All four mergirls raise their hands and create a storm filled with Dino's algae inside. The algae kill the Crimson Flowers and return everyone's bodies to normal. The girls run up the stairs once they have the chance, breaking down the door to the bell tower.

"Azul!" Yuu squeals, hugging Azul. "Grim!"

Grim jumps into Yuu's arms and rubs his head into her arms.

"Yuu, you made it. I thought we lost you when you got tossed in the water," Malleus says, looking like he's about to cry.

A horrifying shriek echoes throughout the bell tower, and Yuu looks down to see the zombies breaking through NBC's doors and running inside.

"Please tell me you guys found a way to stop this," Emme asks, locking and barricading the tower door.

"We have to ring the bell more, and eventually, the magic will be too much for the flowers, and they'll die," Deuce explains, getting ready to fight off the zombies if they break in.

"You want to give the zombies more power?!" Riri shouts in disbelief.

"We thought of the flowers, not the undead when we thought of this plan. If we get rid of the flowers, we'll get rid of the undead," Riddle responds, walking to Riri.