Chapter 2

Sapnap POV

I think Punz and I were both shocked, not comprehending the thought that two of our best friends got chosen for arguably, the most dangerous position in the world. We walked away, feeling anxious. Dream and Wilbur waved to us, clearly trying to keep the mood light and happy. 

It didn't work.

Punz and I didn't talk. I could tell we were both thinking the same thing. What will the others think? 

~~~

I knocked on our cabin door, dread already pooling in my stomach. Punz wasn't looking at the door, staring at the ground with an unreadable expression. George opened the door, his face went from worried to relieved and back to worry. "Punz! Sapnap! Thank fuck. Where's Dream and Wilbur? Are they out hunting or something?" He asked, giving us a huge hug. 

I gave Punz a look. So who's gonna tell him? George let go of us, "Well?"

Punz cleared his throat, looking back at the ground, "They- uh, they got chosen." Punz blurted out bluntly. There was a loud silence. 

"What?" George's voice cracked. I looked up, George looked like he had just been hit by a truck. 

"Yeah... I'm sure they'll be okay though. They're strong people." Punz said, he laughed but it sounded like he was trying to convince himself. Before anyone could say anything, we heard laughter and running coming up to the door. Tommy came running, laughing. Purpled soon came as well. 

"Punz!" Purpled ran over and hugged Punz. Punz smiled and patted his head, ruffling his hair a bit. They're so cute. Brotherly love at its finest.

Tommy was looking at us with curiosity, "You guys are back! Where's Wilbur?" My smile faltered, this was the moment I was not looking forward to the most. How was I supposed to tell Tommy that his brother got picked for a job that will most likely get him killed?

"Oh yeah! That's true. Where are they?" Purpled said, now sitting on Punz's shoulders. I looked at George and Punz, but neither of them seemed to want to say anything.

"Well... they're on guard duty," I said, trying to break it as gently as possible. Tommy looked confused for a moment, like he was trying to work out what I was saying. Then a look of realization dawned on his face. 

"Wait... what? They got chosen? Like, chosen chosen? Like, they're probably going to die chosen?" Tommy asked.

"I'm sure it's nothing too serious. I mean, Dream and Wilbur are smart people. They'll be fine." George said, picking Tommy up and holding him. George shot me a worried look. I opened my mouth to comfort them but no words came out. 

Purpled spoke up in a quiet tone, "So they just got chosen for the most dangerous job in the whole camp. There'll probably be a raid, and they're going to die? Is that what your telling us?" There was a bit of strain in his voice. 

"That won't happen. It'll be alright, really. Don't worry about it." Punz said. It didn't work. There was evident worry in Purpled's eyes and tears were already forming in Tommy's. To whatever god is out there, please let Dream and Wilbur come back safely. Please...

~~~

Dream POV

I took deep breaths, allowing myself to calm down. I pushed the negative thoughts into the back of my mind. Punz and Sapnap left, not before casting us a worried glance. 

"Everybody, please settle down." Jack called over the commotion. Everyone went quiet, turning to listen to him. 

"Thank you guys for your cooperation. You 5 will need to help guard the camp until the SCS has backed off," Jack said continuing, "I will now call out where you guys will start your watch. Sarah on the West, Leo on the North, Jacob on the East, and Dream and Wilbur on the South. Please head back to your cabins and grab what you need and then go to your watch spots. You are dismissed." Everyone stood up and walked out except for Wilbur and I.

"At least we're together... right?" Wilbur said, laughing softly. I nodded, words getting caught up in my throat. 

I cleared my throat, "Your stuff is in my cabin. You left it there a few days ago. We should go pick it up." Wilbur nodded. 

We walked in silence, not knowing what to say to the other. We arrived at cabin 41A and I knocked on the door. Immediately, the door opened and Punz was standing there. Punz didn't speak, giving us both a huge hug. 

Immediately, everyone began crowding the door. Tommy shouted and jumped into Wilbur's arms. Wilbur let out a laugh, hugging Tommy. 

"We can't stay long. We just need to get our stuff and then leave." I said, smiling at the sight of all my friends. Sapnap nodded and immediately came back with all our things. They seemed to have prepared for this. 

I took it from him, "Thanks." Sapnap had an unreadable expression on his face. 

As soon as I took it from him, he immediately pulled me closer and wrapped me around with his arms. I could feel his tears on my clothes. "Sapnap?" I whispered. 

"Fuck. I'm so scared for you guys, what if something bad happens? What am I supposed to do without you?" He mumbled, still hugging me tight. I could feel tears coming into my eyes, willing to spill out. God damn it. I hate this. 

"You'll be okay. George is still here. Plus, nothing bad is going to happen. I won't allow it. You'll be okay Pandas." I whispered. He let out a sigh before letting go of me. 

"Your stupid dumbass better come back in one piece." He muttered. I nodded, turning to look at Wilbur. He already had his stuff. 

"We should get going." He said. I nodded. I gave George a quick hug and waved goodbye to the rest. 

We walked towards the South entrance, now decked out with armor and weapons. "Is Sapnap okay? I've never seen him like that." Wilbur asked me in a quiet tone. 

"Yeah... yeah he's fine." I said. But we both knew that no one was really fine. You could see the worried expressions and the tears that were being held back on all of their faces. 

"Look Dream. If an ambush does happen, promise me you'll immediately run back to camp. There's not way that we'll be able to fend them off, we shouldn't even try. I don't want you to get hurt." He said, staring at me straight in the eyes. 

"What about you? I'm not going back to camp without you in the event that it happens. You know Tommy would never forgive me for doing that." I argued back. The fuck? He thinks I'm just going to run back without helping him?

"I'll be perfectly fine. The only thing I'm worried about is your safety. Promise me that you'll immediately run away, even if I'm being killed and attacked." He said. He was speaking in an extremely serious tone.

I put one hand behind my back and crossed it, "I promise." He looked relieved and I felt a little bad for lying to him but I shook it off. I made the right decision. 

~~~

1201 words! I don't know why but this chapter took me longer than usual so sorry for the late post. 

Comment? :)