1

Once again, Sonic's nose collided with the Shard, teleporting him through the Void and towards the next ShatterSpace. Or, that is what would have happened, if one of the giant crystal meteors didn't stop him. It rotated around, revealing that it was kicked to prevent him from flying to another universe. And the person who kicked it was revealed to be none other than a ShatterSpace version Shadow.

Even from this distance, he looks angry. Sonic thought. "Shadow? Look... I don't have time to deal with... Whoever you are. I just wanna go home." He begs, tired of having to go place to place without one moment to just sleep. Ironic coming from the ever energized blue blur.

That seemed to anger this Shadow; although, there was no difference in physical appearance, and there was recognition in his eyes. "Home?! Home doesn't exist anymore... Because of you!"

Before Sonic could properly respond, Shadow was quick to attack, throwing a punch that was powerful enough to cause a boom. Sonic was quick to block the attack but the two ended up fighting once again. Definitely my Shadow! Thought Sonic as he struggled to stay vertical in the Void. Shadow had the upper hand in the fight as Sonic was just now more lost than ever. Shadow is the one to put everything as blunt and as honest as possible. Is... Is our universe gone?! Shadow then had a firm grip on Sonic's neck with one hand as the other was raised into a closed fist.

"Shadow, please-- I need--!" Sonic grunts, kicking his rival way. This, in turned caused Sonic to spin to another ShatterSpace.

Shadow was quick to be able to grab onto Sonic's wrist, but the thing about ShatterSpace was that it sucks you right into the next universe. Both fell through, yelling as they land hard on the cold cement of New Yolk. Shadow grunts as he gets up, confused as to where he and Sonic landed. He recognized where, to a brief extent, they were.

"Green Hills?"

"Nah... It's New Yollllllkkk..." Sonic says as he is able to look around. It was starting to look more like Green Hills again. Sonic smiled before turning to Shadow.

"We need to find Renegade and Rebel!" Said Sonic. "Come on!"

"Chaos spear!" Shadow yelled, throwing the spear to block Sonic from running off.

"Ah! Hey, what's your deal?!" Sonic snapped.

"I refuse to allow you to destroy another world again." Shadow says firmly, arms crossed, another chaos spear forming. "Our world or not, I won't let this one cease its existence because of your lack of focus and inability to think before you act."

Sonic sighs. "Look, Shadz. I promise, once we get to the Resistance, we can have a moment to talk- not fight- about everything. Okay? You have my word."

Sonic hold out a pinky. Shadow sighs. Can't believe I am doing this... Despite the memories of him and Maria making pinky promises warming his heart and flooding his mind for a brief period, he couldn't just let this shattering be left unaware by the Hedgehog responsible for all of this. "Fine." Shadow agrees with a frown, twisting his pinky with Sonic's.

"Alright! Jut follow me." Sonic said before running.

Shadow went to run, but found himself slipping as if he had ice skates on for the first time. Shadow struggles to keep balance or pick up speed. When he did, it was too fast as he ended up slamming into a wall. His air shoes radiated electric static that didn't cease. Sonic paused, seeing exactly what Shadow was dealing with.

Sonic sped over, looking at the Hedgehog laying with his back to the floor, air shoes in the air above his head. "Want me to carry you there?"

"Please." Shadow said, his eyes closed but a bright green dusting lit his cheeks and ears. He was going to be stuck if he didn't accept the Hedgehog's aid. He knew admitting defeat is more honorable than trying to deny it.