Chapter 32: No More Home

Y/N's POV

I was busy enjoying my time strolling around the kingdom. We still got some time left before the day turns to evening. I know I was kinda like wasting my time but, I was also mentally preparing myself for the battle that is yet to come.

There were so many ways that things could go wrong but I don't want to make myself think about it. Right now, grandpa and the boys are in the palace getting our warriors ready and making them into groups for the front liners.

They'll all be sent out outside the kingdom walls to patrol and protect the kingdom. But if they fail, the rest of us will be waiting inside to finish them off. By the time the rogues get in here, all the people will already evacuate their homes and go somewhere far from the kingdom.

Just until the battle is all over and I'm crowned as the queen.

I'm out here trying to calm my mind but, why do I feel uneasy? It's like...something really bad is going to happen. I can't get rid of the feeling and it's creeping me out.

Aish..I need Tae right now. Maybe I should go back to the palace. I turned around and started walking back to the palace gates.

'Y/N? I don't feel good about this.' Nova voiced out in my mind.

"I know. I don't either. We just have to hold out for a few more hours. Then, I'll be queen and Tae will be king and everything will be fine. We can kill Daniel and save the Underworld. I mean..what could go wrong, right?"  

To be honest, I was mainly trying to reassure myself. I continued walking until I finally got into the palace. They're all probably in the-

Suddenly, my ears caught screams coming from the outside of the palace. They were loud terrified screams coming from the people. Without thinking any further, I ran outside to see what was going on.

My eyes widened at the scene in front of me. Wolves were seen attacking the people. They don't seem familiar to me so I tried to smell their scent to figure out which pack they were. That's when I realized, they were rogues.

"What?"  I froze at my spot.

What were they doing here? This-This is too early for an attack. The people were trying to run away from the rogues. Some of the wolves saw me and dashed to me with their claws out ready to attack me.

I used my wind power to blow them away. The wind even sent some of them crashing into trees and wooden things causing them to break into pieces.

I mind-linked the boys in panic.  'Guys! The rogues! They're already here!'

'We know, Princess! We're already on our way with warriors. Just hang tight for us!'  Namjoon's voice was heard before the mind-link went silent.

I turned to look around me and found more rogues were trying to attack my people. I went to them and used my powers to stop them.

If they're here then that means Daniel is here too but...where is he?

The rogues were getting too many and I couldn't fight them all at once. That was until the boys showed up with a lot of warriors behind them in wolf forms. I gave them a smile of relief and continued to fight with the rogues.

"Y/N!"

I turned my head to where the voice was from and saw Taehyung running towards me. He crushed me in a hug as soon as he got to me. I hugged him back of course and patted his back as a sign to let me go.