Chapter 10:History

(Hey readers...look at what I found👆🏻)

Namjoon POV

After we chatted a bit with Ara and the rest of the pack, we went home to rest while I just went to my office at the third floor. The last floor of our mansion. I told the members to go to sleep first while I'll be in my office.

So, here I am thinking about how to make the queen trust us.

'Oh man. Now how are we gonna find the queen?' My wolf, Gray, said

'Im thinking, ok?' I said while rubbing my face with the palm of my hands.

Then, I was remembering of what happened 6 years ago when we first met Ara and the other she-wolves. They all used to be in the Moonlight pack but now, they're all under my protection. The Alpha of the Nighthunter pack.

-Flashback- (6 years ago)

A 13 year old me was happily playing with a 13 year old Jin hyung, Yoongi hyung, Hoseok hyung, a 12 year old Jimin, Taehyung and a 11 year old Jungkook. Don't get me wrong but Jin, Yoongi and Hoseok are older than me by only a few months. Jin hyung still is the oldest though.

We were all playing in the backyard of our packhouse until suddenly, my father, the Alpha, came home with the rest of the pack and a bunch of she-wolves and cubs. those cubs looked younger than us.

We ran to my father and greeted him.

"Welcome back, father!" I smiled.

"Hello, son" He smiled back while patting my head.

"Alpha? Who are they?" Jin hyung pointed at the she-wolves and the cubs.

"They are survivors from the Moonlight Pack." he replied

"Survivors? What do you mean, father?" I asked while father gave an order to his Beta to treat the wounded ones.

"I can't tell you, Namjoon. You might not understand. Don't worry. Once it is the time for you to become the next Alpha, all will be made clear." He said while kneeling down to my level.

"Ok..."

-2 weeks later-

For the past 2 weeks, the boys and I started to become more close with the new cubs that father had rescued. We're more close with Ara, she's the same age as Jungkook but a couple of days younger.

"Hey, Ara! The cubs and I decided to play tag! Wanna join?" I asked.

"Sure!"

"Great! You're it!" I yelled and we all ran away from her as fast as possible.

"Hey! No fair!" she pouted and started to chase after us.

We ran, tagged other cubs, laughed and even stopped for a lunch break. And then continued to run. We were all very happy until we got tired and laid on the grass.

"I wish my childhood friend was here." she breathed heavily

"What do you mean?" Hoseok hyung sat up looking at her.

"You remember when I told you that half of our pack was killed by rogues and we were the only survivors?" she sat up

"Yeah. Why?" Yoongi said and we all sat up to hear her story about her childhood friend.

"Well, the Alpha of our pack told the omegas to bring all the she-wolves and cubs out of the packhouse far away from the rogues. I was trying to find my friend but it was too late. The rogues already started attacking and we.....left everyone to die. I even left my one and only bestfriend there." she explained, teary-eyed.

"It wasn't your fault. You were just following your Alpha's order." Jin hyung tried to comfort her.

"But that doesn't mean I have to leave her to the rogues. She didn't deserve that. She was always kind and caring towards us. Never even once she yelled at us. She was like a sister figure to us. Now, I don't even know if she's alive or not. Probably dead, same as the others." she looked down. The Moonlight cubs also looked down. I guess they are pretty close to her.

"Umm...hey! Why don't we play something else? How about hide and seek? I'll be it and you guys have to hide!" Jungkook said trying to ease up a tense situation. This little bunny, never fails to make people happy.

"Great idea, Jungkook! Come on everyone! We have to hide!" Jin hyung said and we hide before Jungkook finished counting.

-Flashback Ends-

I chuckled at the memory. 'Those were good times.' Gray said. 'Yeah, I know.'

'Hey Namjoon, do you feel tingly?' he suddenly asked. 'What? I don't feel- wait...' Gray was right. There was this tingly feeling.

'What's happening?' Gray started to panic. 'Hmm...(gasps) The gem.'

I quickly ran out of my office and out of the house. I turned into my wolf while running towards the cave.

I ran and ran until the cave's entrance was in my sight. I stopped and turned back to human. I walked into the cave until I reached the end of it.

I pushed the fake rock on the wall to open the passageway to the secret temple. This is the Fire Temple. Why? Because this is where we keep the Fire gem safe from falling to the wrong hands. By 'we', I meant me and the rest of the boys. We are the Guardian of the Queen and also the Keeper of the Fire gem. The King told us to find and protect the queen no matter what. It is our duty to protect the gem until it calls it's rightful owner which is the queen.

I walked to the pedestal to see the Fire gem glowing multiple times.

'It's calling for it's owner.' Gray said

"So that's why we've been feeling tingles...The gem has been calling for the queen all this time. But didn't even notice it." I exclaimed.

'But why didn't the queen come here and claim it?' asked Gray.

"We have to find her, fast."

I got out of the cave after making sure that the secret passageway was sealed. I turned into my wolf once again and run back to our mansion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, my lovely readers! Thank you so much for waiting for me to update! Im sorry if I couldn't update as many as you wanted me to. Im telling you, Im doing the best that I can to always update for you all to read my story. Don't forget to vote and comment! I seriously wanna know what you guys think about this book so far. Im sorry if it's boring. You can read other books if you hate this one. I don't mind. Toodles!