14

For the first time in a while, Bella woke feeling refreshed. A lot of the stress she'd been feeling had been put at ease by Salazar the night prior and she felt secure knowing that most of the portraits were on her side.

It was just in time too, as today was the day classes would resume. She was looking forward to having classes with Hufflepuff since that meant she'd be in the same class as Neville and Susan, a couple of her new friends. With that in mind, she happily rolled out of bed after settling Solaris on her favourite pillow. Papa had charmed it to always be warm for her since she preferred to stay close to Bella.

"Good morning hatchling." the snake greeted, "The bat hatchling brought you to bed again."

Bella giggled at Solaris' description of her Papa, "I figured he had." she replied from the bathroom. She tended to keep the door ajar for Solaris' sake. She got anxious when she couldn't get to her.

The little witch yawned softly as she freed her hair from her sleep braids. Then she undressed and stepped into the shower. The warm water felt nice on her skin and helped wake her up more. When she was clean she turned off the water and wrapped herself in a towel. She was thankful for all the charms Narcissa taught her as she cast detangling and drying charms on her hair.

She couldn't help but smile, completely dry her curls fell to an inch above her knees. Though, wet they reached down to her upper calf. She had always loved her hair, it was one of the only things she could be proud of growing up. That is her ability to read far beyond her age level, and though it hadn't always been the case, her magic.

Humming softly, Bella left the bathroom and trotted to her wardrobe. She dressed in her uniform, tugging on her favourite emerald green jumper and a pair of thick leggings. Then tugged on her Mary Janes before knocking on the door adjoining hers and her brother's rooms.

"Draco's in here, is that ok?" Hadrien called, Bella answered by pushing the door open and trotting inside. "Of course," she chirped, "He's family."

Both boys exchanged looks, it had been a while since Bella had been so at ease. Draco couldn't help the smile though when she called him family. He had considered them as such the moment he learned they were his Godsiblings, but he hadn't wanted to push them to feel the same way.

His smile faded to a gaping expression as he finally noticed that her hair was down. "Blimey... your hair is so pretty."

Bella blushed lightly, not used to such compliments. She murmured a soft, "Thank you."

When Hadrien patted the bed, she wandered closer and sat down, her back facing him. He smiled and began running his fingers through her curls. "What will it be today, Bells?" he mused, then made a noise, "Huh... I just noticed how long it's grown since we got here."

Bella beamed, "A good five inches I think."

Hadrien hummed in agreement. Draco looked rather awed as he watched Hadrien's fingers glide through silky onyx curls. Bella tilted her head, "I think I'll go with two loose braids with a messy low bun."

"Feeling better then?" her brother mused as he began parting her curls. She made a noise of agreement, "Yes, I had a talk with Mr Slytherin last night. I don't feel as stressed as I did before."

Draco piped up, "Good. We were worried for a while."

"Sorry." she murmured, "I didn't mean to worry you."

Draco shook his head, "It's alright, Bellsy. We understand that you were overwhelmed, and anyone would be stressed when 'The Boy Who Lived to be an Arse' is constantly on your heels."

Bella tried not to move her head as she looked at the blond, "Yeah. I know we don't have classes with him anymore, but I hope he leaves me alone today."

"If he doesn't Papa will file for a restraining order." Hadrien chipped in as he expertly weaved her parted curls. Draco was amazed at how well he was doing it without looking at his hands. Hadrien's eyes were trained on an image in a book Draco recalled being titled "Witches updo's and how-to's".

Now he knew why the green-eyed boy had wanted it, he thought it was amazing how Hadrien learned how to do hair just for his sister.

They spent the next few minutes talking about how they thought classes were going to go with Hufflepuff and what they planned to do during free periods. When Hadrien had finished with Bella's hair, she turned and kissed his cheek then Draco's, before hopping off the bed.

"Thanks, Hades." she chirped, "I'll let you two finish getting ready now."

"No problem, Bells." Hadrien mused, sliding off his mattress as she disappeared through the adjoining door. Draco paused for a moment, "Could you teach me how to do hair? I want to be able to help Bella too."

Hadrien paused in tugging a comb through his own curls to look at the pink-faced blond. He grinned, "Sure, tomorrow morning I'll start teaching you."

Draco smiled a bit shyly, "Thank you-" he cleared his throat- "I'll leave you to get ready."

Hadrien couldn't help the amused grin he had as he watched Draco leave the room. Then he chuckled and finished combing his hair. He got dressed and tugged on his shoes before meeting his sister in the common room. She was on the couch between Blaise and Theo, Daphne, Tracey, and Pansy on the couch across from them, and Draco sitting in a nearby armchair. He sat across from Draco in another armchair and glowered lightly at Blaise and Theo.

Theo was blushing brightly as Bella was showing him something in her notes while Blaise was listening with an arm around her shoulder. It was an amusing sight for the other three girls.

Daphne smirked, "Hadrien's gonna have his hands full,~"

"Mhm~" Pansy hummed, Tracey giggling at the dry expression the aforementioned boy shot them. Draco too looked unimpressed as he rolled his eyes. Despite that, he silently agreed with the girls. Seems like Bella was the only one who hadn't noticed her many admirers.

"Do you get it now?" Bella asked softly, looking up at Theo.

The curly-haired boy nodded, pink heavily tinting his cheeks as he met her emerald hues. "Y-yeah.. I think so."

The pink only grew as Bella smiled, pleased that she could help. He glared at Blaise when the Italian asked her something that made her look away. Blaise shot him a smug look as he drew Bella into a conversation about magical creatures.

Draco shared deadpanned. For such a brilliant witch, Bella was a bit dense.