| Serenity |

" How the heck do you expect me to carry all these bags into my house and not have my parents know that I skipped to go on a shopping spree with my boyfriend ?", sarcastically asked Zamaya, examining the backseat as Jay pulled into the back parking lot. " Complain, complian, your so ungrateful, girl.", he playfully laughed. Zamaya grinned," Not funny. Now, can I get my phone back ? It's probably blowing up with messages from my mom or Trinity." Jay fished her phone out of his pocket," Who's that ?" . Zamaya grabbed the phone," It's my 'sister', loong story. I'll explain to you another time.". She shuffled to get out," Listen, I gotta go. I need to make this study hall so I can get started on my report. Text me ?". She gave him a kiss and got out.

Zamaya slammed her locker shut and rushed down to Ms.Tucker's room. She entered just as the bell rang. Quickly making her way to her seat, not only to remain unnoticed but also so she wouldn't get trampled over by the last minute arrivals to class.

One of those last minute arrivals just happened to be Thalia. She sashayed over to Zamaya. " Where have you been ?". Zamaya opened her mouth to answer but was cut off by an excited Thalia. She sat in front of Zamaya and turned around. " Did you hear about the Basketball dance ? ". Zamaya shook her head , but gave Thalia a look to continue on. " It's this dance on Friday for the girls' and boys' basketball teams . The girl players invite boys and vice versa . ", Thalia narrowed her eyes at the hickey on Zamaya's neck," Do you think Jay is going to invite you ?". Zamaya blushed," No , he,uh, doesn't want people to . . . know about us. ". Thalia scrunched up her nose but then relaxed her face, finishing her combo off with a hair flip and a quick breath. "Well , I mean , if he wants to keep it lowkey I can't really be mad at him ",she leaned in closer," but, remember, there's a difference between lowkey and hiding someone. ". Zamaya let that sink in, was she right? Was he hiding me? Maybe.. " But,", cut in Thalia, "I could always be wrong.".

" You two better be going straight to the library. No wandering. Or this will be the last time you get a passed signed from me.", said Ms.Tucker as she signed the hall pass for Zamaya and Thalia to go to the library.

Alexandriaa : ' Hey girl you okay?? '

Alexandriaa : ' where r u? Did you go home '

Bluey : ' lil hOmie you gOod .. '

As they were walking down the hall , Zamaya read through some of the messages she had missed. " Today my girl La'Siennaga is coming through from Orlando. Trust me, you'll love her. " ,she lowered her voice as they passed by a group of kids," She's better than any other person you'll meet here.". Zamaya laughed a little and asked," Why do you say that? ". They approached the library door. Thalia smiled," You're going to see.", she whispered as they got to the front desk," Be careful, she might turn you out and take your innocence." . Both girls couldn't help letting out muffled laughter. They gave the pass to the head librarian and headed to a table. Zamaya found a book about Alonso Sánchez Coello and began jotting down notes. Meanwhile, Thalia texted away . " Who are you texting ?", asked Zamaya smiling as she curved her lower case 'z'."La'Siennaga",replied Thalia, smiling. " Liar. ", spat Zamaya. Thalia bit down on the tip of her perfectly manicured finger nail. Whoever it is, she got it bad.

Sánchez Coello was a follower of Titian, and, like him, excelled in portraits and single figures, elaborating the textures of his armours, draperies, and such accessories in a manner very masterly manner; this had a notable influence on his style regarding those objects. From Mor, Coello learned precision in representation, and from Titian he incorporated Venetian gold tones, generous workmanship, and the use of light on a canvas.

Zamaya put her pencil down and checked her phone. She had a text from Jay : ' Meet Me After Last Bell ' . She had no idea what he had devised up in his mind but she hoped it was about the dance on Friday. She glanced up at Thalia who was still texting her mysterious lover, because after all, who would he bring besides me?