Chapter Five: Miss Stranger

“Mark. If someone doesn’t open that freakin’ door in the next two minutes, I want you to smash it down. Got it?” Gia snapped at her new buff and tough bodyguard, Mark, who she recently hired since her last bodyguard disappeared without a trace some months ago. With absolutely no time to waste, Gia had to find a new guard that was strong and convenient, someone who’s available at all times and can take care of business swiftly and quickly—which Mark fits perfectly in every category.

 Mark pounds loudly on the wooden bark of the tree four more times, before removing his shades that revealed his beady blue eyes. He runs his free hand through his brown floppy hair, and shakes his head. "Boss, just tell me when you want me to knock down this tree,” he murmured.

“It’s not just a tree and besides, I know she’s in there because we followed her stupid minions here. Cyd! Open up now!”

Suddenly, as if Gia said the magic words, a slot of the tree opened up, revealing a blue slide inside the tree that led down to Cyd’s secret layer. Right before Gia followed Mark into the tree a little boy pulled the flap of Gia’s brown leather trench coat that she wore over her scarlet red turtle neck and her black floor length skirt that covered her sandy ankle boots.  

“Excuse me lady. Is that a tree house?” the tiny boy grinned up at Gia, then back at the tree in curiosity. Startled, Gia looked shockingly at the boy through her bright brown eyes, snatching the end of her coat out of the boy’s hand. Flashing the boy her best grin, she squats down to look the cute little boy in the eye. Slipping a loose strand of hair that fell from her jet black pixie cut hair, Gia looked happily into the boy’s eyes that were once again swimming with curiosity.

So…is it a tree house? My friends over there,” the boy turns around, pointing to a group of children in the distance who were watching also too, glaring at the enormous tree house, “would like to know if we can play in it?” he beamed.

Gia sighed deeply, “Didn’t your mother tell you not to talk to strangers?”

The boy, who was taken aback by her question, responded nervously, “Y-yes she did…but—,”

“Then scram!” Gia shouted at the little boy. Falling down to the ground, the boy rapidly sprung to his feet and ran off screaming at the top of his lungs. And to Gia’s amazement, the other little kids in the distance who were observing the small exchange ran away and screamed too.

'Now that felt good,’ Gia thought while standing back up. Smiling to herself, she turned on the heels of her feet and walked back over to the tree to join Mark who waited for her inside the tree.

Mark laughed loudly as Gia entered inside, “You’re one of the cruelest women I ever met.”

She responded with a sly smirk and slid down the slide while Mark followed close behind.

“Gia! My lovly accomplice!” Cyd cheered as Gia and Mark entered her silver room. The silver room was home to a gray desk, a gray chair, and a huge TV monitor that hanged from the ceiling. Cyd walked over to her hidden fridge which was built into the wall and pulled out a cold bottle of chardonnay. "Would you guys like some wine? It's an 1978 Sonoma Country Chardonnay. It's really delicious."

“Cut the crap, Cyd. You know what I’m here for,” Gia eases herself into Cyd’s comfy gray chair, prompting her legs on top of Cyd’s desk that overlooked the factory which were filled with 250 minions Gia cloned for Cyd years ago.

Shrugging her shoulders, Cyd grabbed a glass from the hidden cabinet inside the silver wall and poured her a glass, "Guess I'm going to enjoy this for myself I see. Now, what are you here for again?” Cyd asked dumbly, focusing her attention onto Mark who stood by the entrance of the silver room, with his arms crossed and head held up high. A huge grin played across her face, “And who is this?”