▬3

❝ just

one more

push❞

The air grew heavy and the humidity suffocated. The black clouds sprawled and blanketed the sky; draining the colors of houses, and trees leaving that greyish monotone. The scent of rain smelled of earthy soil washed away the smell of rust -the crimson liquid slowly cleanse from the hilichurls and abyss mages.

The downpour growing heavier and silent came a low crackle of thunder: almost serving as a warning of what was to come.

Perhaps it was the lack of sunlight that made his skin pale or the lack of breeze that left those locks of blue unmoving. His being surrounded by corpses with no drop of red on him. A haunting sight. An eerie stillness fell over the captain of the knights of Favonius.

Not moving an inch-just still- as if stuck in time. That wound on his heart ( a dagger held captive ) neglected for centuries was better kept that way but, that shadow grinned–pulling it out with no qualm. Wouldn't that result in bleeding endlessly? For a split second that thick wall of ice slowly chipped away, and those suppressed memories resurfaced.

Multiple pitch-black hands holding knives slit open those healed wounds as blood splattered across those crescent moon eyes and grin.

It was only he who knew what memories blurred his vision.

' I don't want to remember!' Eyes blew wide with mania- hands shook as if something was about to come alive and consume him- NO himselfkAEYA? Captain?? Your highness?? prince?.brotherwhowasheagain. The puzzle pieces that were whole broke apart: bestrewed and clashed against each other hoping to piece back again. ' But they wouldn't'- that shadow sneered.

'Calm down, calm down' he chanted non-stop and the urge to vomit rose up his throat- the sound of his breathing growing ragged . ' ugh..ha..ugh ' As if there was something compromising his airway- Something creepy maybe lurking not seen by man. That monstrous shadow towering over him, those claws strangling--

" captain kaeya!"