Part Twenty One

Part Twenty-One 

I can still dream about Austin even when I'm wearing the bracelet. Except I'm confident that it's just my dream, not his and he's not actually in it either. I'm tempted to text him and ask him but then I'd have to explain myself if he didn't actually see my dream. He doesn't need to know I dreamed about him last night, a not so appropriate dream at that.

My face is still warm, the sheets trapping the heat from my body on the bed. I kick the sheets off and grumble to myself. My legs still tingling as if he had just been touching my legs, just like in my dream. I squirm on the bed, squeezing my thighs together to give myself some kind of relief.

The double knock at my door startles me. I jolt upright in the bed, my legs squeezing tighter together. Alex pokes his head in the door, looking around the room before settling on me startled on the bed.

"Morning." My voice is higher than it should be. Like I've been caught doing something I shouldn't. shit.

He frowns. "Hi...um I was hoping we could talk this morning; you have a minute?"

I look down at my legs that have finally separated. "Ah sure."

He moves into my room, closing the door behind him. Oh, he means right now. "Nana told me you guys figured it out."

"Hmm?" I raise a brow. I blink a few times, we figured something out? I stare at him as he crossed the room, standing not far from my bed. I wonder what we figured out. My brain can't seem to search beyond last night dreams.

He laughs. "My mysterious date. You still half asleep?"

I yawn, pushing my hair behind my ear. Right his mysterious date, that I can remember. "Ah...kind of...but yes, we figured it out. Did you really think we wouldn't figure it out? You asked nana to make her a custom piece with her initials on it. I thought you were smarter than that, Alex."

He snorts, dropping on the mattress beside me. "Or maybe I wanted you to figure it out. Guess who's coming around for dinner tonight?"

I gasp, my eyes widening. "Wait, what?! Really?"

He nods. "Yeah, we talked about it. I told her I wanted to tell our families; I want to tell everyone."

I grin, wrapping an arm around his shoulder. "Naw you little love ball. I'm so happy for you."

He lets me squeeze him tightly, even lets me mess his hair up and pinch his cheek in my dotting on him. "I also want to apologise for yesterday. I'm sorry, you were right though. I don't like The Mellow Mermaid because its unsafe, I don't want to wake up one day and learn you fell off that damn unsafe cliff side. That's all going to change soon anyway though."

I shake my head. "I've only been there once, I promise. Now I can't promise I won't be going back there but I will be very cautious outside the building, that I can promise."

He nods. "Doesn't matter anyway, Harley is buying the bar."

I frown. "Wait, she is? Why?"

"The current owner is going back home, and Harley wants to make the place safer for everyone to enjoy."

I wonder if Austin knows this, that his workplace is going to be changing owners soon. I can ask him about it later today.

"That's cool. Well, I can't wait to welcome her into our family with arm wide open. Do you know you guys will be the first ones to join the founding families?" I inform him, repeating the words nana shared with me. I find it a little odd that our families have over one hundred years of history together, yet we've never merged.