002. Cheong-San Chicken

1888 words

"Come on punk, let's go."

"Wait, Cheong-san. I need to wake up Hyeon-ju."

"Oh, she'll be fine. Let's leave, your brother's waiting outside."

"Fine, fine."

--⭒--

I walk with Gyeong-su and Cheong-san after school. "So the restaurant moved?" Gyeong-su asks Cheong-san.

I smile, "Oo it did? How about a grand opening?"

Cheong-san looks blankly at me, "But we're not doing one."

"Damn no need to be so pessimistic about it," I frown.

Gyeong-su frowns too and slows down, "What?"

I look at Cheong-san's phone when I hear a ding. Dang, I can't see. He's moving around too much.

He talks, not looking up from his phone, "Seriously? I told them to change the name."

Gyeong-su catches up with us, "What about the old name?"

"We're not doing it. The fryer hasn't even come in yet."

"I heard there'll be one." Gyeong-su pouts and looks at the ground.

"Didn't your mom invite us over to try some chicken?" I mutter as I finally get a look at what he's talking about with his mom.

His mom texted, "Which one do you like?" and Cheong-san replied, "Can you not use my name?"

"I mean, I would know better than you, don't you think?" He answers us. The disrespect kids have these days, I swear to John ceena

I laugh when his mom keeps insisting. "Okay, so which one?" He texts her, "Mom..."

"My mom's the worst," he groans.

I wrap my arm around his shoulders, "You're just mad you got named after the restaurant." I grin from ear to ear when he glares at me. He's just mad 'cause he knows I'm right.

I tense when I see two girls running at us and hide behind Gyeong-su for protection. Oh, never mind, it's just On-jo and I-sak.

On-jo slaps Cheong-san's arm, which knocks his phone out of his hands, "Damn, my phone!" That's what he gets for stealing my money.

"You can't run away," On-jo gives him her bag. "Hey, gopher. Let's get some chicken."

Cheong-san looks at her confused, "But we're not open yet."

"Did you not hear me earlier?" I smack his head, "Your mom invited us because she's testing a new recipe out today."

Gyeong-su smacks Cheong-san's arm in disbelief. Merry smack-Cheong-san-with-no-consequences day!

"You're going, right?" She asks us both.

"Of course," Gyeong-su chuckles and I nod.

Cheong-san looks at I-sak, "Are you going too?"

Wow, at least pretend like you want her to go.

"Mm. Yes." She turns to On-jo, "I mean, your mom told On-jo to bring her friends."

"Uh, so, is this a double date?"

I swear, Gyeong-su couldn't have been anymore awkward even if he tried.

On-jo moves her head in my direction, "What about Y/n? Who would her date be?"

"The delicious chicken," I shrug. Ugh, my mouth is already watering.