Chapter 17

Ruhi (coming out of kitchen): I found.

Siddharth and Avneet broke the hug.

Siddharth: Come. I will feed you.

She looked at Avneet. Avneet nodded. Ruhi went up to him. Siddharth make her sit on lap. He took plate from her hands and started feeding her and Avneet. Ruhi was silent but she was enjoying it. To live fear free. To have someone to care for her, feed her, make her sit beside. Aren't these things common of 10-11yrs old child but for her these things were like dream come true. Though she started being little comfortable but fear will take time to leave her.

Siddharth: You go and great fresh, I will arrange lunch by the time.
Avneet: Okay.
Siddharth (pointing towards his room): This one.

Avneet and Ruhi went from there. Siddharth went in kitchen. Avneet got Ruhi fresh first then she got fresh. She came out of washroom to see Ruhi sitting on bed, lost in thoughts.

Avneet (sitting beside her): What happened baby?
Ruhi: Mumma we have to live here now?
Avneet: Yes but if you don't want to tell me. I will arrange something?
Ruhi (nodded): Mumma why uncle is calling you Avneet? You are Sona, right?
Avneet (pulling Ruhi in hug): No... Let me tell you this. This uncle... I mean Siddharth and me were together in college.  Before marrying Elvish my name was Avneet.  Me and Siddharth are friends since then. Later on, I got married to Siddharth. But after sometime, Elvish came and scold me, punished me and asked me to marry him. So, I had to leave Siddharth. But now as he got know we are trouble. He came to help us.

She explained few things in short. Not willing to hide big reality that Siddharth is her husband. Ruhi nodded understanding few things as understanding everything was difficult for her.

Ruhi: Mumma... Now you are Siddharth uncle's wife. So, you will not be my mumma now as you are not with my papa?

Fear of loosing Avneet was visible on her face.

Avneet: Ruh!! Now matter where I am, how I am, with who i am but always i am mumma for my Ruhi chuhi... Okay?

Ruhi smiled finally. Listening nickname given by Avneet. She always feel happy when Avneet calls her by nickname. She nodded with smile. Avneet finally got relief.

They spent sometime. Then Vaishnavi came back. Everyone sat together to have lunch.

Vaishnavi: He is behind bars and will be there forever. Court has given security to all of us till hearing. I mean Security is arranged around society. Avneet, Ruhi you guys have to stay inside this house till hearing. I too got security. For Siddharth, Abhishek and Khushi too court has provided good security and lastly for Simran like Avneet and Ruhi she too have to be in school premises and hostel. Security is around her in civil dress. He is one of criminal for whom since long court is in search. I have submitted that Avneet's statement which I recorded. Many other cases too I have filed against him. Proof we need to arrange now before hearing.
Avneet (joining her hands): Thanks alot Vaishnavi.
Vaishnavi: Ayy!! That's my duty. Anyways, You should take rest now. In evening, Dr is coming for your check up.
Avneet: About proofs, I will guide you.
Vaishnavi: Done... Everything is in control then.

Avneet nodded with smile and mumbled Thanks.

Vaishnavi: Come Ruhi, I will make you sleep.

Ruhi looked at Avneet.

Vaishnavi: Are you sleepy?
Ruhi (looking down): No...
Vaishnavi: Okay. I will tell you story then. Avneet take rest.
Avneet: Go baby.

Ruhi nodded and left with Vaishnavi. Avneet went in room. Siddharth sat in living area working on laptop.

Skips to evening.

Siddharth, Avneet, Vaishnavi, Ruhi were spending good time with each. Siddharth and Vaishnavi were trying their best to make Ruhi feel comfortable. Abhishek and Khushi came home back.

Khushi (hugging Avneet): Hello Chachiii... I was waiting for you. Chachu told me you love pancakes. I made those for you.
Avneet (smiled listening her blabbering imagining Simran on her place, hugging her back): Hello baby.
Siddharth: Ruhi.... She is your khushi di. And Khushi.. She is Ruhi.
Khushi (chirping): Hie...
Ruhi (nervously): Di, me and mumma ate those pancakes. We are sorry.

She mumble looking down, not knowing how khushi will react.

Khushi (excited): How was it? You liked it?

Ruhi looked at her with shock and nodded.

Khushi (happily): Okay.... I will make them again for you.
Ruhi (happily): Can I help? I will make for mumma?
Khushi: Oh yes... I will teach you.
Vaishnavi (dramatically): Oh god! Please save my kitchen from these two little terrorist.
Khushi (whining): Mumma.... Huh!! I agree I do spoil kitchen but I also clean it by own by the end.

Everyone chuckled.

Abhishek (rolling his eyes): Vaishu let them enjoy. If they will burn it. We will renovate it.
Vaishnavi (rolling her eyes): Duh!
Khushi: Yesssss.... That's like my papa love. Muah!!

Siddharth, Avneet chuckled looking at this drama. Ruhi was silently enjoying this.

Abhishek: Ah! Siddharth you need to go and meet Simran. She must be waiting for you.
Siddharth: Yeah Okay
Vaishnavi (ordering): Security is there. You have to take them with you.
Siddharth: Okay... Anyone wants to have icecream?
Khushi (excitedly shout): Yess....
Vaishnavi (shout): Noo!!

Both shout at same time. Abhishek close ears to prevent bleeding.

Vaishnavi (glaring Siddharth): Dare to bring icecream. I won't let you in. I agree they should enjoy but that much then limit. Khushi already had alot of sweets this week and Ruhi isn't habitual with having sweets quiet often plus Dr said she don't have good immune system. So, on Sunday Khushi will make pancakes and that's it.
Abhishek (shooking his head): Don't mess with high court Siddharth.

He said eyeing towards Vaishnavi. Avneet giggle.

Siddharth: Alright! I am leaving then.
Vaishnavi: wait!

She went in kitchen and came back with tiffin.

Vaishnavi: Avneet made dinner for her but she is scared and nervous. Anyways, make sure Simran will have it and complete it. I have packed your dinner too.

Siddharth took tiffin. He looked at Avneet and smiled at her. He left for hostel then.

TBC....