Chapter 13

(A/N: Many of you are asking about Simran and Khushi's age. So, Khushi is 17 and Simran 15. Khushi is in college i.e, 11th std and Simran in class 9th.
Abhishek and Siddharth are friends. They are not brothers)

Let's begin...

Khushi stood numb. Simran couldn't control her tears. A loud sob escape from her mouth. She again started raising her face.

Khushi (nervously): Look, I am really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you. I was trying to be your friend. I am sorry.

She look down.

Simran (wiping her face): Umm... I am sorry. Please don't tell anyone about anything. Please....

Khushi nodded not knowing what to say.

Khushi: Let's go. Everyone must be waiting.

Simran nodded. She checked her face one last before leaving.

With others, Siddharth, Abhishek and Vaishnavi got shock to see Simran's hand and they way she ran from there.

Vaishnavi: Umm.... Siddharth I guess she I avoiding topic. So, let's drop this for now. Will discuss when she will be comfortable around us.
Siddharth: Yeah!

Some minutes later, Khushi and Simran and sat with all.

Vaishnavi: What took you guys so long?
Khushi (whining): Mom... we were in washroom yaar.

Vaishnavi nodded with sheepish smile. Khushi giggle. They were having icecream with casual talks. Simran was quiet all time, looking at happy family. Imagining herself on place of khushi. A perfect moment she always dream for.

Siddharth's phone rang.

Siddharth (smiling looking at phone): Need to attend call. Excuse me.

He went at little distance from all. It was Avneet's video call. He received it.

Siddharth (excited): Hello Jaan....
Avneet (giggle at his excitement): Hello.
Siddharth: Finally.... You know I am waiting for your call since yesterday.
Avneet: Oh! But he was around me. So, couldn't contact you. Anyways, now he left for a party. I am free.
Siddharth: Great!

Avneet smiled at him. A genuine smile after years.

Avneet: Where are you?
Siddharth: Came to icecream parlour. You know Simran is also here.
Avneet (surprised): Seriously?

Siddharth nodded with grin.

Siddharth: I asked to join us. Want to see her?

Avneet nodded excitedly. Siddharth turned to back camera.

Siddharth: On 2nd table.
Avneet (nodded): Who are all around her? And you know she looks really cute.
Siddharth: After all she has my features. My friend Abhishek. Who came with me?

Avneet nodded remembering.

Siddharth: He, his wife and daughter.
Avneet: Okay... She is fine?
Siddharth: Yess... I need to talk with you about something.
Avneet: Say now.... Sorry but I don't know if I will be able to talk with later or not.
Siddharth: That's fine jaan.

He turned camera back on himself. He shared whole plan with her which he, Abhishek and Vaishnavi decided. Avneet understood and agreed.

Siddharth: Tomorrow be ready for this and you have to share each and everything with police about Elvish. So, we can take back complain which will be on you.
Avneet: Yes....
Khushi (came there): Chachuuu with whom you are talking?
Siddharth: Avneet.
Khushi (standing in front him): Chachii... Let me talk with her.

Siddharth nodded. Avneet shook her head nervously.

Siddharth: Jaan calm down. She is my princess.

Avneet gave up. Khushi came in front of camera to see Avneet.

Khushi (shocked, looking at her): Umm.... Hello chachi...

Looking at Avneet only one line said by Simran, hit khushi's mind "Mom with kitty parties."

Khushi's pov: You are so wrong Simran. Look at your mom for once.

Siddharth (shaking Khushi): Where are you lost khushu?
Khushi (coming back to senses): Umm.... nothing. Tomorrow chachi is coming to stay with us, right?
Siddharth: Yep!
Khushi (cheered): Yyyaaayyy!!! I will love chachi more chachu...

Siddharth narrowed his eyes. Khushi giggle So, Avneet.

Khushi: Let's go now. Simran must be waiting for us.
Siddharth: Yeah!! Bye love and take care. Tomorrow everything will be fine.
Avneet (nodded with smile): Waiting for tomorrow....
Khushi: Bye chachi. I will be waiting for you.

Avneet nodded with smile. They hanged up call. Siddharth and Khushi went back to seats.

Abhishek: What took you so long Siddharth?
Khushi: Chachu was talking with Chachi.
Abhishek (surprised): Ohh!!
Vaishnavi (shocked): Abhishek.... how can you be so dumb? Like seriously didn't you notice his smile on first place?

Siddharth blush listening this.

Khushi (cooed): Aww!! Look mom, chachu is blushing.
Siddharth (controlling his blush, rolling his eyes): Shut up.

Everyone burst into laughter.

Siddharth: Let's go now? I need to drop Simran back hostel on time.
Vaishnavi: Yeah Okay!!

They all left from there. Siddharth went to drop Simran and others left for him.

TBC...