Nine

Lilith.

In the evening I had finally put Eleanor to bed, she listened to me so I knew she would not go wandering off to that Reagan woman who claimed she was her mate, the sheer audacity to claim such a thing in front of me. I wanted to rip her apart, kill her and dispose of her body. 

"Dione." I could smell her around the corner of the hall, she came running and bowed at me when she saw me. "bring me a wolf, preferably Elise." I was not proud of what I was going to do. I needed to stop letting my anger out on people. Elise was a young wolf, just like Eleanor, she was a year or two older and a lot more obedient, and that might be because she was scared of me. I did suspect Eleanor feared me a little bit, but not to the extent of most of my workers. 

Minutes later the young wolf entered my room, I had never put a hand on her before, she was simply there working just as she should, I did feel remorse while I grabbed her by the hair and pushed her face against the bed. The memories of that damned wolf came to mind, perhaps my hatred towards wolves still lingered deep in my mind, after that filthy wolf touched my woman I could not help but have all kinds of thoughts about wolves. I was far worse before, my mother always told me stories of them and why I should despise them, every time I did interact with a wolf it would end up with their death, but not anymore. I had hurt too many, I was a reckless naive vampire that knew nothing about the world but the words of my mother and father. 

As I had done plenty of times before I lifted up her skirt, removed her underwear, and began hitting her bare bottom and thighs with a thin cane I had for the purpose of punishment. I hit it repeatedly until I drew blood and the girl was sobbing and begging me to stop. I truly felt sorry for her after that. She reminded me a bit of Eleanor.

When I finished I pulled the skirt back on and caressed her hair. I sat on my knees at the edge of the beg and watched her cry. I listened to her sobs, she was innocent and I had hurt her, I shouldn't have. 

I pulled the girl into me and apologized for what I had done. I stroked her hair and back hoping to calm her down, sobs turned to soft cries and those cries turned to hiccups until there was no more sound. She had fallen asleep in my arms. I lifted her onto my bed which woke her up. I put the duvet over her and kissed her forehead. "Stay here for tonight, You do not need to work tomorrow," I whispered. She nodded and watched me leave the room.

I saw Dione in the hallway again, she seemed to be going into her room. She noticed me and bowed. She was a hard worker. She worked all day, helped anyone she could, and was a kind woman. "Would you like me to clean that mistress?" She asked. I looked down at my still bloody chest. Why not? I nodded and stepped into her room, she was the head maid so of course she received her own room.

I sat down in her bed, it was neatly tucked as always. She left for her bathroom and came back with towels. She looked at me for permission asking to remove the upper part of my dress which I nodded to. I felt no embarrassment showing my assets to other people, Dione had seen me bare plenty of times. It had been a while since we last had been to bed. I suppose it was because I had my hands full with Eleanor.

"What happened?" She asked.

"We had a fight, the mutt claimed to be Eleanor's mate, when I dismissed her she attacked me. I let her stay since Eleanor wished for it." Dione stopped what she was doing and looked up into my eyes. I was not sure what she was thinking. "It is an interesting situation, is it not?" She asked.

"How so?" My wound was halfway done healing, I was glad it took such a short time to heal, I would not let that humiliating wound show for such a long time. That wolf left with nothing, but a scratch. It looked like I had lost the fight, I had simply decided not to attack.