Chapter 6

I ran across the soft grass, avoiding the thistles and nettles. I kept on looking behind me, just to see if Sophie was following me. She wasn't.

Of course she wouldn't be. She cared too much about herself, her popularity.

Unlike Katherine.

Two minutes later and I was perched on her windowsill, tapping against the window. I watched as she twitched in her sleep, then suddenly shot bolt upright. She looked towards the window, relief filling her whole face when she saw it was just me. She rushed to open the window.

I fell inside her room unlike last time. I was surprised I had managed to hold on so long, I was so tired.

"Evan!" she whispered. "What's the matter?"

I looked up at her and managed to crack a grin.

"I just ran to here. From my house."

Katherine narrowed her eyes at me. "Why?" she demanded.

"Sophie."

Katherine stood up and moved to her bed. I could tell that she was annoyed I had even mentioned the name.

I stood up as well, just to pull me and Katherine down to sit on the bed.

"I'm pretty sure she tried to seduce me."

"What?!" she shrieked, not bothering to keep her voice down.

The door slammed open to show Sophie's mum. She was furious. Waves off anger rolled off her being, and she pointed a shaking finger right at me.

"You! You will get out of my house right now!" she shouted.

"Mum, no, he can't!" Katherine suddenly blurted.

She turned towards Katherine slowly. "And why is that?"

Katherine stood up, straightening her back. "Well, if want him to kiss another woman then go ahead, kick him out."

Now her mother just looked confused. "What?"

I cleared my throat. "My ex and her family is currently staying at my house. Sophie, um, you know." Now it was just beyond awkward in the room.

"Okay, you can stay."

Katherine grinned and hugged her. "Thanks Mum!"

"Although I do have some rules," she said, looking directly at me. "Only kissing. Get to sleep straight away. If this Sophie person does it again, I will personally speak to her parents, and you come straight here if she does do it. Katherine's heart does not need to be broken by her soul mate. Goodbye." She turned and left the room.

We sat in silence for a bit. At least until I burst out laughing.

"Okay, lets just sleep," Katherine grumbled.

"No goodnight kiss?" I pouted.

She pulled me down onto the bed, facing me. She gave me a quick peck on the lips before snuggling down into my chest.

"Goodnight."

I pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Goodnight, amore mio."

>>>>>

Third Person

She stood angrily at the window, then smirked. It was working. The virus was working. Now she knew that whatever happened, Evan would always go to Katherine. She shut the window quietly, turning away. Even though this was her job, her heart still throbbed for Evan. She still loved him. What would he think of her now? He can't know the real reason she visited him. He would either hate her, or completely understand and carry on being friends. She sighed and lay down in her own bed. She felt guilty. Of course she felt guilty.