Chapter 5

Evan's POV

I heard the bell ring.

I breathed in, grabbing Katherine's hand for reassurance. She squeezed my hand in response, but didn't look at me. She was just as nervous as I was, but that might just be because Sophie is my ex...

My mum, who is actually sober for once, opened the door, a huge smile on her face.

"Cameron, Josie! It's so great to see you!" she exclaimed, beaming. She turned to Sophie. "And Sophie as well! It's so great to see you all, it feels like ages."

She opened the door wider and Sophie immediately jumped on me wrapping her arms around me tightly.

"Evan!" she squealed. I quickly pushed her off, taking Katherine's hand uneasily.

"Uh, hi, Sophie." I gulped, glancing down at her, but her eyes were hard as they glared at Sophie, who appeared to not notice. I was on my own in this. "This is my girlfriend, Katherine."

Only then did Katherine look up at me, her eyes so full of love that I could only return it. Now it was Sophie's turn to glare.

"So, how long have you been together now?" she asked, her voice smooth.

I opened my mouth but Katherine was quick to reply.

"Just over two weeks."

Her voice seemed friendly enough, but anyone could see that she just wanted to claw Sophie's face off. And, to be honest, I don't think I would stop her. Now I had moved and met Katherine, everything in my life was perfect... sort of.

I still had my messed up past, but I had Katherine.

I only needed Katherine now, my soul mate, my other half.

I smiled as I remembered my nickname for her. Amore mio. My love. It was true. She was the only love that I would have for the rest of my life, the only person that could say I was hers, just as much as she is mine.

Sophie smiled, but her eyes were narrow.

"But how is that possible? You only moved here two weeks ago," she said, turning to me.

I grinned.

"Well, you know how I told you about my dreams?"

She nods.

"Turns out it was a virus. It makes you see your soul mate. Mine was Katherine," I said proudly.

Sophie fake laughed. She glanced around, checking to make sure our parents were out of ear shot.

"Oh, please. You believe that bull sh*t?" she hissed at me.

I straightened out my back, standing much taller than her.

"I do, as a matter of fact, believe in that bull sh*t."

Katherine placed a small hand on my lower arm.

"Evan, calm down," she whispered.

I took a step back, my eyes still furious. Katherine pushed me towards the entrance of the living room slightly.

"Go ahead, I want to talk to Sophie for a sec," she said, smiling nervously.

I nodded, pecking her on the lips before leaving her to talk with Sophie.

I could only hope that whatever she wanted to say didn't go too badly.

Katherine's POV

I faced Sophie, sighing, a lingering smile dancing across my lips. She crossed her arms, clearly not bothered by the fact that I wanted to talk.