chapter 2 - Un-announced flee.

Espresso called up madeliene and Latte, and he told them to meet at the same park. But he didnt sound so happy. Madeliene and Latte could tell there was some sort of sorrow or regret in his tone of voice. By now, madeliene and espresso were about to graduate. Madeliene was 18 and espresso was 17.

"Espreso, why do you sound upset?" Madeliene asked.

"Im not. Just go to the park at 5pm. Please. No matter the weather, no matter how you feel, just go." Espresso instructed. Espressos instruction confused madeliene and Latte, but it was also getting them worried.

"Why?" Latte asked.

"Just go." Espresso said, hanging up the phone. 'No matter the weather' he mentioned. It was snowing outside, so madeliene and Latte wore a scarf, a thick jacket, pants and a beanie. Madeliene and Latte were walking to the park together, and during their walk, they were disscusisng why espresso was acting like that.

"Why do you think espresso was instructing us?" Madeliene asked.

"I dont know..mabye he just wanted to hang out with us."

"But he never calls to hang out. Only we do."

"Exactly! Espressos never really made plans with us, so hes probably clueless about make plans!"

"But why was he so forcible about it?"

"What do you mean?"

"He said 'no matter the weather, no matter how you feel, just go'. Isnt that a bit forcive?"

"He just REALLY wants to hang with us, I guess." Latte said. It went silent, and all they could hear was the crunching noises of the snow beneath them each step they took. Finally, they saw espresso in the distance, sitting on a bench with 2 boxes in his lap as he locked his eyes at the snow on the grass.

"Hey, espresso!" Madeliene said. Madeliene took a seat one 1 side of espresso, and Latte sat on the other.

"Sooo, why did you call us?" Latte asked. Espresso sighed, and handed them each a brown box, enclosed with a red ribbon.

"Aww, you got us a gift?" Latte said.

"Please open it when you get home. But theres a few things I need to say." Espresso said.

"Im listening.." madeliene said. Espresso took a deep breathe, and let it all out.

"Thank you. Both of you. Thank you for particapating to be my first true friends, and I appreciate everything you've given and done for me." Espresso said,cringing at his words. Latte and madeliene were still confused though. Why was espresso mentioning all the things they've done at that moment?

"Im still not quite getting why you called us here to say that." Madeliene said, tilting his head the slighting bit, along with his brow being lowered.

"Lets go on a walk." Espresso said, completely ignoring madelienes words. Latte and madeliene looked at eachother, knowing they were both confused, but stood up and followed him anyway. The entire walk, espresso was the one talking. He mentioned all the memories they created together, apologising and appreciating every moment. They walked and walked, until it got dark, and they had to go.

"Im going to head back home now. Its getting dark." Madeliene said.

"Yeah, same." Latte said. They turned around, but espresso grabbed the back of madelienes jacket.

"Yes, espresso? Make it quick because its col-" espresso enclosed his arms around madelienes neck, hugging him after a long time. Usually, madeliene and Latte were the huggers. But this time, they switched.