chapter 3 - first day of regret.

The snow was blowing hard and cold as espresso made his way to the cocao kingdom. Hands in his pocket, he arrived at the cocao kingdom. The king of both darkness and good was awaiting him inside. With his heart beating fast as he made face to face to the lord of cocaos, he bowed down on one knee.

"You needed me, king cocao?" Espresso said.

"Indeed I did. Espresso, correct?"

"Yes. Correct." Dark cocao looked down at him, and realised that he was shaking very slightly. He could tell he was trying to stop himself. He placed a hand on espressos shoulder, making espresso flinch.

"Theres no need to be nervous, bitter one." He said. Espresso controlled his breathing, and sighed.

"Yes, sir." He cooed.

"Before you become my personal assistent, I have a quiz for you. Follow me." Dark cocao said, turning his back to espresso as he walked slowly to a room. Espresso got up, following dark cocao with a shiver of nerve running through his back. He felt every gaurds eyes on him, caramel arrows eyes specifically. Both espresso and caramel arrow were examining eachother without knowing, until they made eye contact. Caramel arrow was first to move, and she straightened her body as she cleared her voice, hands behind her back. Espresso walked upstairs, and into a dark room. The room was decorated very basically, even the colours were plain. Just black and white. There was a large bed, a large rug, a door leading to a balcony and a shelf filled with all sorts of things. It was obvious that it was dark cocaos room.

The thing that caught his eye though was the large picture frame right above his bed. It was a picture of him and a small boy, looking exactly like him. Long black hair, along strike of pure white, and they both had the same chocolate-like skin.

"Dark choco, isnt he?" Espresso asked. Dark cocao stopped in his tracks.

"We dont speak of him in this kingdom. Only I am permitted to mentiom him." Dark cocao said in  his general deep voice.

"Apologies, sir." Espresso replied.

"Take a seat over there." Dark cocao said, pointing at a table.

"Yes, sir." Espresso said, rushing over to the table not to dissapoint him. On the table was another frame, but it was much smaller. But the picture was once again, a picture of dark choco. Dark cocao was holding him in his arms as the little boy slept in his arms peacyfully. Espresso took the frame gently, trying to take a closer look at it.

dark cocao looked so hapoy before his son left. Espresso thought. All of a sudden, dark cocao snatched the frame away, startling espresso.

"Rule 1: never touch my things." Dark cocao strictly instructed, putting the frame up somewhere else.

"Apologies again, sir." Espresso said. Dark cocao glared at him, and espresso gulped.

"I promise to never touch your things again unless I am permitted to, sir." Espresso said, feeling nervous.

"It-its alright. Its your first day." Dark cocao said. He desperately needed an assistant, so he tried to be nice and at ease.

"Here." Dark cocao handed him 3 pages all staples together in one corner.

"Answer all these questions. When finished, hand them to me. Ill be at my throne. If help is needed, it will be provided for you if you call in affogato cookie. He'll appear when you call out his name." Dark cocao suddenly got serious, "and remember, dont. Touch. Anything." Dark cocao said, staring deep into his eyes. He walked out, leaving espresso with the shivers. The warmth of his anger and the room itself was already giving espresso goosebumps. He grabbed the pencil beside the paper, and started to write.