chapter 7 - on the way back home.

"Espresso, wake up! We have to go!" Crunchy chip yelled, banging on his door. It was still dark, mabye about 10 oclock. Espresso was confused, and sat up. His mind wasnt fully awake.

"Huh?" Espresso groaned, rubbing his eyes.

"Open the door!" Crunchy chip yelled. Espresso grabbed his glasses, and opened the door.

"Grab your things, and lets go!" Crunchy chip said. He had a bag on his back, and espresso saw a couple of the cocao workers running out too, even dark cocao himself.

"Why? What happened!?" Espresso yelled, grabbing his back and filling his values in it as quick as he could.

"Dark enchantress and her group! Their INSIDE the building!" Espresso panicked. He grabbed everything, rushing out with crunchy chip. A whole group of people were running along behind and infront of them, espresso even saw raspberry running at the speed of light. Espresso didnt run though. He was flying. Soon, they saw a large boat up ahead. There were multiple. Espresso went into a boat, hoping madeliene or affogato werent in the same one. The boat was big enough to fit at least 10 people, and there was even a small house-thing.

(Idk what to call it but its the beak from kung fu panda or somthing 😭😭)

(Like that one but less poor looking)

Espresso and crunchy chip went inside, and there was already a couple of sleeping bags in there. Espresso sat down in the corner, trying to distract himself from all the screaming and running by reading. But how could he? To think that dark enchantress might destroy the entire kingdom, or worse, kill lord cocao. But espresso was still wondering why dark cocao wasnt going against dark enchantress. I mean, he did have his whole team with him, so why was he running and not fighting? Espresso suddenly got distracted when his boat shook a little, so he looked out. He saw wildberry, along with raspberry cookie.

Damn it. Raspberrys going to annoy me about parfait cookie. Well, at least shes not madeliene.
Espresso thought. He went back in, continuing his reading. Wildberry went in, taking a seat across espresso. Raspberry came in, but what she said made espresso angry.

"Madeliene! Come here!" Raspberry yelled, poking her head out the door. Espresso pulled on her hair, telling her 'no'. But madeliene already went in. Espresso grumbled, going back to his corner. But of course, madeliene went next to him.

"..do you forgive me?" He asked. Espresso got a bit annoyed, and nodded.

"No. Just because you made me a note with a bunch of pathetic sorrys doesnt mean Ill forgive you. Im not one who'd forgive so easily." Espresso said. He continued reading, and madeliene left espresso alone. Soon, the boat sailed, and pretty much everyone was inside the house-thing. Slowly, some of them started to fall asleep. even espresso started to get sleepy from the boat slowly rocking side to side. Eventually, everyone fell asleep, except espresso. Madeliene laid on his side next to him, sleeping peacefully (With sleeping bag btw). His head was oddly close to espresso's legs, distracting him from his reading at times. At one point, madeliene twisted to lay on his chest, but one of his hand landed on espressos lower thigh. Espresso was surprised, and irratated.