Woe There

New semester means new people and more chances for things to go wrong. And that couldn't be more true for Wednesday Adams.

Last semester had been cut short after visions brought to her by her dead ancestors plagued her mind, leading her to then have to kill a resurrected pilgrim. Not to mention her first kiss turned out to be a psychopathic two personality monster that tried to kill her and is now locked up in a government facility -at least she thinks he is.

... 

Wednesday's POV:

I didn't care a whole lot for summer break. I'm more interested to see what'll happen being back at Nevermore after everything that went down last year. 

My fathers voice calls out to me, "I'll miss you my stormcloud", but I keep my head forwards as my feet already began taking me up the steps of the school. It's quite satisfactory that all of my stuff has already been moved into my room by Lurch. Lets hope he remembered to keep everything on one side of the room. 

As I reached the top of the steps, I felt that familiar buzz in my uniform's pocket. For a moment I wondered if it could be Xavier, but I quickly realized it was something far more annoying. 

It's that anonymous number, the one who had sent me photos of myself from right before break who hadn't been active all summer sent me something. Tapping on the message, it showed me that I had been sent a photo of myself walking up these very stairs. 

Looking up, I tried to see if I could see anyone from where the angle of this photo was taken, but to no avail there wasn't a soul in sight. 

Still surveying the scene as my legs carried me up past the stairs and into the school, I should've been paying more attention to where I was going because I felt myself bump into something I did not expect to be there. 

Having lost my balance for a mere moment, I sturdied myself as an unfamiliar voice began speaking. "Hey, watch where you're... Oh" it said. 

Since whoever had taken the photo of me must be gone by now, I looked to see who I had ran into. Locking eyes with him, I could see he seemed a bit taken aback to see me. Which doesn't make sense because I do not know him. He's not to bad to look at though. He has dark curly hair that ran a little long, not too much taller than me, pretty well built, and from the look of it right under his sleeves I could see what looks like tattoos peaking out from the cuffs of his uniform jacket. 

"Sorry about that, didn't see you there. The name's Silas" he said to me with a small hint of an accent lining his words. Presumably from Britain. 

Still studying him, I realized that he was probably waiting for a response. I should probably give him one, but I don't have anything insightful to say and my mind is already taken up by this mystery number. 

Then with narrowed eyes, he asked me, "Wait, do I know you?".

Not wanting to indulge in a conversation, I told him "Probably not. I have to go".  

Holding my books closer to me, I pushed my way past Silas and the hoards of families swarming these front steps just wanting to get to my room. 

I swear I could hear him call out to me one more time, but I kept on moving. 

...

Standing outside the dark wooden doors lining the halls of Nevermore's sleeping quarters, I couldn't wait to make it in the sanctity of my own room. Making it pas all those people and families trying to interact with me was a nightmare far worse than anything from last year. You save the school once and suddenly everyone thinks you're up for socializing.