Chapter Five: Connections

Viridian looked around the office with an appreciative gaze. Naomasa had good taste. He'd been in here a few times before (by sneaking in through the window to leave notes and coffee), but this was his first time in the room as a guest.

It was painted in neutral colors with darker accents, giving the place a warm cozy feel. The couch pushed up against the wall looked well-loved and comfortable, while the rug had a few coffee spills.

"What's with the coffee spills?" Uraraka asked. 

There were six desks and a separate door that led to Naomasa's private office, which the man rarely used.

"Cause he was too busy chasing other Midoriya." 

"Nice place." He smirked beneath his mask.

"Don't act like it's your first time in here." Naomasa huffed. "I can't remember how many times you've broken into my office."

"Twenty-seven." Viridian replied offhandedly. Someone nearby whistled.

"Twenty-seven?!" 

"Sorry, didn't mean to startle ya." The man had light brown hair and yellow-gold eyes. Viridian spied a monkey's tail curling excitedly behind the man—likely his Quirk. He looked a little closer. His hairline spread a little below what most people would consider normal, and his upper lip protruded very slightly, indicating sharp canines. His shoes were custom-made; likely for the hand-like feet he sported.

Yep. He had a monkey-Quirk.

Midoriya was itching to write in his notebook. 

"I'm Tirogune, but you can call me Tiro~" He grinned, showing off the fangs that Viridian had already suspected him of possessing.

Naomasa sighed. "Tirogune, this is Viridian, he's going to be working with us from now on, so please be nice."

"V-Viridian?! As in the vigilante Viridian?! Like the guy the entire country's been after for over half a year?!"

"He seems terrified, kero." Asui said. 

Viridian leaned back against the wall with an easy smirk. "I see you've heard of me."

"Oh, I like him." Tirogune grinned.

"You're a tough guy to find." A feminine voice came around the corner.

"This is Aikure. She and Tirogune are part of my personal team. Ikibara, Sakamura, and Sansa are the three remaining members, but you'll meet them later today."

"I already know Sansa. He's the one with the cat Quirk." Viridian said off-handedly as he studied the new arrival.

"Has anyone tried to pet him?" Momo asked the detective. 

"A few people tried to."

Aikure was a very pretty woman. Her platinum blonde hair appeared to be natural, if those ice-blue eyes had anything to say about it. Likely of foreign descent. European, most probably. Her build was slender, but she had a sharpness about her. She seemed hyper aware of her surroundings, and... were those hearing aids? No, no, those were sound filters. Custom-made for people with very sensitive hearing due to their Quirks. Super-hearing, then? Not necessarily enhanced senses all around, as she didn't seem to flinch at the copious amount of light in the room. Her ears were slightly bigger than the average person, but it wasn't overly noticeable. She fidgeted ever so slightly with her fingers, as if she was trying not to snap them.