Chapter Seven: Breaking the Exams

Aizawa Shouta sighed tiredly as he took his place in the examiner room at U.A. He didn't exactly agree with the hour that the exam was held at, but he supposed that was only because he didn't get off shift until 4:30 that same morning.

Present Mic facepalmed. 

He smirked as he pulled out his phone, clicking into the group chat.

LetMeSleep: I'm fucking tired, and it's all your fault, Viridian.

ViridianChaos: Nope~ It's your fault, too. You didn't have to sit and talk to me. Besides—you're the one who brought caffeine.

DetectiveHolmes: Another late night with no coffee?

ViridianChaos: I can hear your amusement from here, Masa. And I just said there was caffeine—obviously, that'd be coffee. So there. :P

DetectiveHolmes: I keep telling you not to call me by my given name, let alone a butchered form of it!

"Gotta love group chats." Mina said. 

Tsuragamae: And you aren't used to this by now?

ViridianChaos: How about Fury then? Like that old character from the Marvel movies? He's pretty kickass.

"Isn't he real?" 

"I think so." 

"He once was a director of SHIELD." Nezu said. "Before Quirks." 

"He must just be a fictional character in that dimension." Aizawa said. 

ViridianChaos changed DetectiveHolmes's username to Fury.

Tskuchaui sighed. 

Fury: Change it back.

ViridianChaos: Whoops! Gtg! I've got some shit to do. Text you later~! And have fun at the U.A. Entrance Exams, Eraser~! I think you'll be pretty impressed with this year's batch!

"That I do." Aizawa muttered under his breath. 

LetMeSleep: You've been watching them?

ViridianChaos: I may have seen one or two of them use a quirk here or there. ;) Hope you manage to keep some of your class this year!

LetMeSleep: I'm going to regret getting up this morning, aren't I?

Fury: Don't you always?

Shouta sighed as he pocketed his phone; ignoring the questioning look that Nemuri was sending him.

"Texting your partner again?" She smirked, amused.

"He's not my..." Shouta sighed. Technically, he supposed Viridian was his partner.

"Keep telling yourself that."

Personal feelings aside, Shouta couldn't shake the feeling that Viridian was someone that he should keep an eye on. The past almost-year that he'd been interacting with the vigilante had made him actually like him. The fact that the vigilante had once taken a goddamned bullet for him didn't hurt the trust he was fostering with the mysterious man, either. And he still worried about his—friend? Were they friends? —because the guy never seemed to go to a fucking hospital, either. Shouta had half a mind to make him just take the stupid Hero License Exam and get him certified so he wouldn't have an excuse about going to the stupid hospital.