Chapter Four: Opportunity

Izuku would admit that he wasn't expecting a phone call during his lunch break at school. Even less so from his vigilante phone (which, thankfully, he'd had the foresight to add the voice changer to).

"Hello?" He answered. It wasn't a number he was familiar with, and Naomasa and Eraserhead both knew to reach out through the group chat by now, but he'd only given this number to them.

"Then who would be calling me----- oh. Okay." Midoriya quickly knew who exactly called the other version of him. 

"Hello. Viridian, yes?"

"Who's asking?"

"There's so much sass and I love it." 

"I am Tsuragamae Kenji, Musutafu Chief of Police." Oh, shit he'd really attracted the higher up's attention this time.

"That's something you should have been around about since you started being a vigilante, Problem Child." 

"Tsuragamae-san!" He smirked, using a confident and laid-back tone. "To what do I owe the pleasure?"

"Detective Tsukauchi has told me about your interesting proposition. I'm open to negotiation. Please come by the station at your earliest convenience."

"And how do I know you're not just going to arrest and unmask me?" Izuku raised an eyebrow, even though he knew the man couldn't see him. Though he wondered how he must look right now, sitting on the Jr. High rooftop holding a serious conversation with the Chief of Police (not that anyone would know that, unless they heard him call the man's name earlier).

"Nobody would care." Midoriya muttered under his breath. 

"I assure you; we have no intentions of doing so."

"Bring in Eraserhead, and allow me to keep my weapons on me, and we'll talk."

"Priorities." 

He heard a very heavy sigh on the other line. "Very well."

"Great! Then I'll see you this afternoon."

Izuku shut the old flip-phone (ancient technology he'd salvaged from the scrap heap) and pocketed it again and turned around to go back inside before he was late to class, only to find Bakugo there.

"Hey, Deku! Who were you talkin' to? It's not like a useless Deku like you has any friends!" Bakugo shoved him roughly, and Izuku rolled his eyes as it failed to so much as make him stumble.

"Mind your own business, Bakugo!" Uraraka shouted at the screen. "Midori's life doesn't not revolve around you!" 

"What do you say, Round Face?!" 

"Learn my fuckin name and then we'll talk." It's safe to say that Uraraka does not like Bakugo. 

"Midori?" Midoriya asked.

"Oh yeah. Now that I know what kind of name 'Deku' was for you. I don't want to continue calling you that. Dekiru, maybe, but it's too close to Deku for comfort. Besides, I wanna come up with my own nickname for you." Uraraka said. "I don't want to call my best friend 'useless' all the time." 

"Oh. That's okay if you call me 'Deku'. I don't mind." 

"But I do. That name alone can bring bad memories for you." 

"Can I help with a new hero name for Izu-nii?" Eri shouted excitedly. 

"Sure thing!" 

"Believe it or not, Baka-go, I actually have a life. And it doesn't revolve around you." He nimbly dodged the explosive punch from the blond, hands in his pockets.