2.05

CHAPTER FIVE!
alternatively titled: the worst family reunion ever

THEY ALL COLLECTIVELY DECIDED TO GO TOGETHER OR SIMPLY NOT GO, MUCH TO TYSON'S DISMAY, THEY CHOSE TO GO TOGETHER

The group stopped at the cabin long enough to get their things. They figured, whatever happened, they would not be staying another night aboard the zombie cruise ship, even if there was million-dollar bingo. 

The five questers sneaked through the corridors, following the ship's YOU ARE HERE signs toward the admiralty suite. Annabeth scouted ahead invisibly. They hid whenever someone passed by, but most of the people they saw were just glassy-eyed zombie passengers.

Keiryn was not sneaky in any regard, because of his size and stature (and his massive feet), he kept tripping over his own feet and making noise. Aurora forced him to take lead so there would be no one else's shoes for him to fall over.

As the five of them came up the stairs to deck thirteen, where the admiralty suite was supposed to be, Annabeth hissed, "Hide!" and made Aurora help shove them all into a supply closet.

The sounds of a few pairs of footsteps coming down the hallway resounded in Aurora's ears, amplifying every beat of her heart. 

"You see that Aethiopian drakon in the cargo hold?" one of them said.

The other laughed. "Yeah, it's awesome."

Annabeth was still invisible, but she squeezed Aurora's arm hard. The second guy's voice sounded like the redhead should know it. In the back of her mind she did but she couldn't quite put her finger on it.

"I hear they got two more coming," the familiar voice said. "They keep arriving at this rate, oh, man—no contest!"

The voices faded down the corridor.

"That was Chris Rodriguez!" Annabeth took off her cap and turned visible. "You remember—from Cabin Eleven."

Aurora nodded grimly, she knew Chris. He was one of the unclaimed campers from Cabin Eleven, it was something they were able to talk about. She didn't know him very well, but it was still a loss.

"What's another demigod doing here?" Keiryn asked.

"Whatever it is," Aurora shook her head, "I don't think i wanna know."

"Well, we're about to find out," Percy said grimly.

The five of them continued down the corridor. You didn't need a map any more to know they were getting closer to Luke; the air grew cold, the summery feeling turning unpleasant, it was the presence of pure evil.

"Guys," Annabeth held an arm out to stop Aurora from continuing, "Look."

She stood in front of a glass wall looking down into the multi-story canyon that ran through the middle of the ship. At the bottom was the Promenade—a mall full of shops— but that's not what had caught Annabeth's attention.