Bad Dreams (Shadilver)

[ 3rd Person ]

( I cant get enough of the image im sorry, totally imagine them cuddling like this )

Silver fluttered his eyes open to movement below him, and looked at the ebony hedgehog resting on his chest. The blanket around the darker was wrapped around his body to where you could only see his snout, allowing him to breath.

Silver lifted the cream blanket off of Shadow's face. His face seemed uncomfortable, maybe even fearful. Silver brushed it away and closed his eyes resting his head against the pillow when Shadow's hands wrapped around Silver tighter.

Silver gasped as the air inside his lungs was forced out of him. He took a deep breath and controlled his breathing to be normal once more.

Why is he holding on to me so tightly?

He started to observe Shadow more closely now, looking for any weird signs. Shadow's eyes furrowed, and his ears were laid back on his head. He seemed to almost have a fearful expression. 

Silver rested one of his hands on Shadow's shoulder and felt he was shaking. Silver was starting to get concerned at this point. He nudged Shadow lightly to wake him up. His breath only started getting quicker, and heavier. He was trembling even more now and he squeezed Silver tighter than before.

"Hey, Shads?" Silver whispered, nudging Shadow again. He dug his face into Silver's chest, as if trying to find comfort, or maybe even protection. 

"N-no.." Shadow mumbled softly, catching Silver's attention. 

"Shadow wake up." Silver said a little bit louder, concerned for the ebony one beside him. 

"Don't leave.. please.." Shadow said with a pained, and shaking voice. Silver's ears flattened against his head.

God, he's having a nightmare. 

Silver shook his shoulder again, knowing that it probably wasn't going to work. Silver cupped Shadows face in his hands.

"Shadow, you have to wake up." Silver said, his voice starting to shake. He wanted to get Shadow out of the prison he was ensnared in, the hold sleep had around him.

Suddenly, Shadow shot up gasping for air, sweat dripping from his forehead, and a single tear falling down his face. He stared down to see Silver looking at him, wide eyed. 

Silver got to his knees and held Shadow's arms. 

"Hey, are you okay?" He said, panicked. Seeing Shadow in such a fearful spot was so unusual, that it scared others around him.

Shadow sighed and dropped his head on Silver's chest, frustrated that he let his past effect others around him. 

Silver sat down and wiped the tear from Shadow's face.

"What was the dream about?" Silver asked, looking into the red eyes across from his. Shadow groaned and put his head in his hands. 

"It was about Maria." He whispered. "I haven't had a nightmare of the ark incident for so long. I don't understand why it had to be now, when my life was actually going well." 

Silver nodded his head and brought Shadow to his chest, laying down again. Silver placed a small kiss on the ebony's forehead, getting a small growl in return. 

"I didn't say you could do that." Shadow grumbled. 

Silver just giggled. "I know you would have said yes anyways."

"Would not."

"Would too."

"Would not." Shadow grumbled, flushed

Silver rested his head on the taller's, and nuzzled into his fur. "Would too." He said, closing his eyes. Shadow groaned, but didn't argue back. He simply rested on Silver's chest and fell back asleep.

. . .

OKAY, SO-- thoughts on this, I haven't written in 3rd person for a PRETTY long time, so lmk if there's anything I may need to change.

594 words :D