Chapter 13: God of War

You along with Rapi, Anis, and now Neon who is now part of your squad were in the Elevator again ascending back up to the surface to do a new mission that Andersen assigned to you and the girls, Ingrid gave you a quick briefing of what your new assigned mission is about before you and the girls headed back up to the Surface.

Anis: Investigate an abandoned Power Station near the Coastal City? Sounds simple enough...which is worrying...

Rapi: This Power Station has enough resources to supply the entire Ark for two full months...looks like this will be an important mission...

Anis: If this missing is so important then why send us? Why can't they send some Elite Squad like Absolute or Matis to do this mission? It's like there trying to get us killed...

Anis said as she complained about sudden going back to the Surface to do a mission that is assigned for all of you to do, then all of a sudden, Shifty started speaking through the communications which startled Anis, causing her to jump and panic a bit.

Shifty: But why would they want to do that?

Anis: Gah! Jeez you scared me!

Shifty: Sorry, didn't mean to scare you...

Anis: A heads up would be nice before joining in the conversation...

Shifty: My bad...anyway, about what you said, why would you think that they are trying to kill you?

Anis: Because they are, think about it, first, we we're given to do a battle simulation after doing a mission from the surface, second; assigning the same Commander with us twice, third; giving us a very important mission from the Commander in Chief, and finally a Nikke suddenly joining us, all of this raises a lot of red flags...

Anis said, you, Rapi and Neon listen to Anis's explanation of why the Central Government is trying to get rid of you, what Anis said does make sense...in a way I suppose, then Shifty started to explain in her own way.

Shifty: I get what you're trying to say Anis, but you have to understand; after what you all did in your previous mission of investigating the missing Vanguard Nikkes and defeating a Tyrant Class Rapture, all of you accomplished something that no other Squadron would do within a single day, which makes all of you-

Rapi: A reliable asset to the Central Government...

Shifty: Correct, besides; if they wanted you dead, they would've done it by now...

Anis: ....

Rapi: ....

Neon: Umm...

Y/N: Hmm?

You then felt a slight tug from the side of your shirt, you now turn you attention towards Neon, the Nikke that Ingrid assigned to your squad for this mission, you saw her as she has a curious expression on her face as she wanted to ask you something, she seemed eager too.

Neon: Can I ask you a question?

Y/N: Umm...sure...

Neon: Is it true that you can magically make Guns appear out of thin air?

Y/N: ....

Rapi: ....

Anis: ....

Shifty: ....

Once you heard Neon ask you that question, you hesitated for bit before answering her, you then turn towards Rapi and Anis as they both shrugged there shoulders, signaling you that they don't know if you should tell her the truth or not, you then sigh as you answered Neon's question.