Chapter 62: Frozen Memories

Your senses were completely numb as you can feel a soft, warm bed that you are currently laying on, the atmosphere around you was a bit warmer unlike the before, and your vision is covered in darkness due to both of your eyes closed. Then you could hear a female voice just faint enough that caught your attention, though this female voice is completely unknown to you that you never heard this female individual before.

???: Hey! Hey, sleepy head, wake up!

You then try to open your eyes as you open both of them slowly. Once you opened your eyes, your vision was a bit blurry, and your surrounding environment was a bit unrecognizable, although your the area you're in does resemble similarities to a hospital room as you could hear the beeping noises of a heart monitor going off in the distance.

???: Jeez, I didn't know that you were such a heavy sleeper...

Y/N: W-What? Wh-Where am I?

???: You're in the hospital, dummy; also, you're facing the wrong way, I'm on your left.

You then turn your attention towards the left side a bit, you then saw an unfamiliar girl standing beside the hospital bed that your laying on, although you can't see her in full detail due to your vision still blurry, you then asked the unknown female individual who she is and other questions like how you end up in a hospital because you surely remember that you were in a frozen Wasteland before.

Y/N: Umm...how did I get here? Also who are you?

???: You tell me, you're the one laying on the hospital bed, I found you collapsed on the floor outside the hallway, I called out the nurses to help so, your welcome.

Y/N: Uhh...thanks...

???: By the way, are you one of the Commanders from the Military Academy?

Y/N: Y-Yea, I suppose I am...

???: Why?

Y/N: Umm...what?

???: Why are you a Commander for the Central Government?

Y/N: ....

Once the unknown female individual asked you her question, you couldn't figure out an answer for it, you just laid there on the hospital bed; thinking up some kind of answer to her question but no matter how hard you think, you just simply couldn't find an answer or just couldn't think of one.

???: You don't know why you're a Commander for the Central Government?

Y/N: No, I don't... I can't... remember anything... I... don't know who I am...

???: Hmm... do you at least have a name?

Y/N: Y/N... my names Y/N...

???: Huh, weird name; considering it's just two capital letters and a line in between them...

Y/N: Uhh, what?

???: Nothing, aaanyway; the reason why I'm here in the hospital is because I'm about to go through surgery... more specifically, I'm going to turn into a Nikke...

The female individual said, you try to adjust your vision to try to get a better view of the girl in front of you but to no avail, your vision is just blurry and it's just simply difficult to just see who this female person is and what she looks like, but your vision is as blind as a bat.

???: To be honest, I'm not sure what's going to happen to me after I become a Nikke. Will I be the same person or someone completely different...

Y/N: Are you... scared?

???: I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared... I'm also worried as well...

Y/N: Why do you want to become a Nikke?

You asked the female individual, you thought that the female individual would have a tough time trying to answer your question like you having a difficult time trying to answer her question earlier but instead of answering your question, she decided that she didn't want to.

???: Sorry, but I can't answer your question?

Y/N: Huh? W-Why not?

???: Because you haven't answered my question, if you want an answer; your gonna have to answer my question first, it's only fair of course...

Y/N: Yea... I suppose right...

???: Also...

The female individual started to act a bit nervous for some kind of reason, you couldn't tell due to your vision being completely blurry but the girl had a bit of a blush on her face as she was trying tell you something but is a bit nervous to say what it is.

???: Since I'm going to turn into a Nikke and your a Commander from the Military Academy... do you think I can be your first Nikke?

Y/N: You... want to be my first Nikke?

???: Y-Yea... since your a Commander and all that... I thought it be convenient to assign me under you after I become a Nikke... o-of course you don't have to... although, I wouldn't mind to be your Nikke...

Y/N: ... heh, I can tell how flustered your acting even though my vision is blurry, but yea; I don't mind having you as my Nikke..

You said in response to the girl, you couldn't tell but the female individual was smiling happily knowing that you'll take her under your command once she becomes a Nikke, you just simply gave the girl a soft genuine smile.

???: T-Thank you Y/N, I was a bit worried that you'll turn me down, now I don't have to worry about being with a Commander that is such a hassle to be with unlike you, I can tell that your nice person to hang out with.

Y/N: Heh, well I'm glad to hear that...

???: Oh right, I haven't told you my name yet did? My name is...-

Right before the unknown female individual could tell you her name, the scenery of your surrounding environment started to change which made your vision for blurry then it was, you then blink a few time and them all of a sudden, you were no longer in the hospital, you were now laying face down sideways on the covered white snowy ground as a harsh wind and snow rush all over you.

Y/N: Wh-What the...

You then start to slowly stand up, you then immediately examine your surroundings all around you, you were now back to the barren snowy Tundra Area up on the Surface as the snow storm is currently ravaging all around you, the snow storm is so intense that its hard to even see through the distance.

Y/N: *sigh* Well... how the hell do I get out of this mess?

-

To be continued...